What's new

nonosto

Champion
Reaction score
Hello World

I am new in this forum and I hope improve my knowledge in lot of arcade system.
I would like buy CPS2 multikit by darksoft, and I have some of question:

- better or not emulation
- Darksoft programm shortcut, IGR or something for use combo from panel to reset in game, test menu or all like it
- mapping button avallable from a menu or something like this
- what's super gun could you advice me for use it with my OSSC (upscaler and HDTV Sony lag free) and my PS2 HRPA arcade stick

THX all

Hey there,

All I can contribute is; it's not emulation and check out the HAS supergun which is sold on these forums.

I'll let others with more knowledge fill in the rest.

Hello World

I am new in this forum and I hope improve my knowledge in lot of arcade system.
I would like buy CPS2 multikit by darksoft, and I have some of question:

- Darksoft programm shortcut, IGR or something for use combo from panel to reset in game, test menu or all like it
- what's super gun could you advice me for use it with my OSSC (upscaler and HDTV Sony lag free) and my PS2 HRPA arcade stick

THX all
Welcome!

Let me answer your questions as much as I can :)

Way better than emulation as it runs on 100% original hardware and running original game code if you use the keywriting method
Nothing, runs exactly like orignal carts, so no IGR, and no button combo
Same as question above
HAS is the benchmark I would say (don't own one myself),

thx all. I will see for HAS supergun. Last question Darksoft will make same for cps1 & 3? I saw it for neo geo but not for other capcom system.

CPS3 is long done, check here for all info;
CPS III Bios and CD Releases
Just have someone mod your CPS3 cart and load the games from CD (or SD of you use SCSI2SD adapter)

CPS1 is 'rumored' to be in progress ;)
Also I can really recommend the Taito F3 multi

thx pascal. I must check game list about taito f3 but my pririty cps 2, cps1 and shinobi. Maybe later mvs.

Acquire all the MULTIs!
Gimme+all+the+things+_464338a07596440b218174c6b3afd9d0.png

So I read the installation mlanual. It's seems suicided CPS2 needed? Confirm? where can I found it? cheapier or mor expansive classic cps2?

So I read the installation mlanual. It's seems suicided CPS2 needed? Confirm? where can I found it? cheapier or mor expansive classic cps2?
The instructions are out of date. A suicided CPS2 board is no longer required for the Darksoft Multi. Just make sure you connect the key programming wires, and the unique encryption key for each game will be programmed into the CPS2 board whenever you change games on the Multi.

I've always cautioned against purchasing a "suicide" board...
Almost all the CPS2 boards sold as "not working" are said to be suicide in the description, but are they?
Many different types of damage could causes these supposedly suicided conditions.

I say do yourself a favor and buy a working Marvel vs Capcom, you'll be sure to have the G-PAL and rev 7. PCB (best one) that way too.

or you take phoenixed one, before start installing the multi you can see that the board is working

Almost all the CPS2 boards sold as "not working" are said to be suicide in the description, but are they?
Many different types of damage could causes these supposedly suicided conditions.

I say do yourself a favor and buy a working Marvel vs Capcom, you'll be sure to have the G-PAL and rev 7. PCB (best one) that way too.
This.
I've said that many times before: it wasn't rare faulty boards were put aside by operators and then battery died many years later.

Someone can sell me a SFZ a+B 160 euros but with plastic break and one Dungeon and Dragons Tower of doom a+b 220 euros seems good condition, but it's better Marvel vs Capcom I try to find it....the problem lot of them sold with rom board only....

or you take phoenixed one
What if the board has failed to retain/store a key because of damage?
By using decrypted ROMs you'd never know, but once you tried to restore a key if the board's ability to store it was damaged it would suicide when you inserted the original encrypted ROMs. ;)

Yea you could install a Darksoft multi on such a board, but no point doing the wires/using encrypted ROMs. :/

Someone can sell me a SFZ a+B 160 euros but with plastic break and one Dungeon and Dragons Tower of doom a+b 220 euros seems good condition, but it's better Marvel vs Capcom I try to find it....the problem lot of them sold with rom board only....
That SFZ is too expensive, D&D is ok I guess.
Multi works on those just fine, only you need to install G PAL, change jumpers and add 1 extra wire for the G PAL if it is rev. 3/4 board

Last think PAL G is an european version only? Or a marvel vs capcom japanese could be have a PAL G chip?

Back