What's new

metwurcht

Beginner
Reaction score
hello i m french
i have a type X2 with hdd multigames on my new net city. i try to run deathsmile 2 on this type X2 but i can't.
where can I find a file "plug and play" for playing deathmiles on y type X2 ? thanks
regards

Your multigame hdd didnt come with deathsmiles 2? Or it did and its not working?

If its not working, can you tell us what error you are getting?

Deathsmiles requires 1gb ram instead of the usual 512mb. Do you have that?

hello

here is a picture of the directory "deathsmile" and another after running ds_loader.exe

i dont know if i have 1gb or less ? how i check ?
regards

46622720151214205840.jpg

68682620151214205938.jpg

Otomedius works for me...
hello , can you send me a link for dowload your version of otomedius ? please .
i have check the ram , i have only 512 MB
regards

72512620151216111827.jpg
I didn't download anything =/. I bought a HDD from Darksoft back when the CPS2 kits first hit and he'd mentioned some stock in an email.

I know Otomedius needs 512 MB of ram on a Type-X (i.e. X1). I'm not sure what it'd need on a Type-X2, but who knows...buy a stick of 1GB DDR2 (PC2-5300) RAM and that should get the games you can't play to suddenly start working. Definitely a good place to start.

Last edited:
Deathsmiles REQUIRES 1gb so I'm sure that will fix the memory write address errors reported in the pics above.

Random side question. The actual Cave Deathsmiles II hardware came with a 2GB DDR2 800 stick of ram installed. I know the Taito Type-X2 version isn't totally arcade accurate (i.e. the slowdown), but why does the Type-X2 version need only 1GB of ram to run the game?

Last edited:
Random side question. The actual Cave Deathsmiles II hardware came with a 2GB DDR2 800 stick of ram installed. I know the Taito Type-X2 version isn't totally arcade accurate (i.e. the slowdown), but why the Type-X2 version need only 1GB of ram to run the game?
I don't know. I'm no hacker. lol It's cool that you can run it on x2 though, right?

About Deathsmiles on TX2, is it using some kind of JVS to Keyboard program or does it run natively with the Taito Type I/O card?

any chance we get dariusburst in a form we can manually add it to the multi?

About Deathsmiles on TX2, is it using some kind of JVS to Keyboard program or does it run natively with the Taito Type I/O card?
It runs fine with the Tatio JVS I/O.
No. It requires far too much extra hardware (2 Taito ethernet "fast" JVS IO's, a special PCI slot card, 2 monitors (no 1 monitor option for X2)). You're better off buying it on Steam and running a PC or Steam Link in your cabinet. You could have a whole Steam Link setup for less than what one of those IO's would run you (if you could find one).

The Steam version also has the entire arcade version untouched within it.

For people WITHOUT real X/X2 I highly recommend the hacked PC loader versions...

IMG_20151218_194813.jpg

Reserved dl-link pending approval... 8)

It runs fine with the Tatio JVS I/O.
No. It requires far too much extra hardware (2 Taito ethernet "fast" JVS IO's, a special PCI slot card, 2 monitors (no 1 monitor option for X2)). You're better off buying it on Steam and running a PC or Steam Link in your cabinet. You could have a whole Steam Link setup for less than what one of those IO's would run you (if you could find one).
The Steam version also has the entire arcade version untouched within it.
1.) To answer the original question, its doesn't natively support JVS.

2.) That extra "hardware" is easily emulated, similar to how non X2 games are running on a X2. Darius Burst can be run on a single monitor, infact it will probably be coming soon. The Steam version is definitely the way to go.

Back