eBay and other purchase sites bad seller list

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• eBay and other purchase sites bad seller list

Hi :

Just wondering if there would be any objections on making a bad seller list available or for discussion.
      I am finding it increasingly difficult to find people on the level. Sales wise.

For example :
      Bought a repaired board said working 100% and find it arrived damaged due to poor shipping and the repair was incomplete, i/o on one or two chips shorted, rusty components still on pcb. Then you ask for a repair to be carried out and you get told to ship back to the seller at your costs?
      Am I being unreasonable and unrealistic? I did pay 70% of a collector quality board. Any assistance?

Another board bought was to be a sega outrun that turned out to be a sega outrun turbo. I mean what the? The board was bought at $500 us landed.
      Though to be fair at least the seller gave it a go at replies, even though they would not allow returns or help much.

Regards
      Euphoria

=O
    • I think this is a good idea. But in order to give full clarity, please post a link to the add or a PrtScr and another picture of what you actually received. That would be the best IMHO.
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • Personally I like positive topics on AP. Not sure if a wall of shame is the right path, but that is up to @Darksoft .. but at the very least having evidence to go with shame posts would be ideal

That being said, I've had all kinds of good transactions with people who the majority say to avoid (ie; bill burger / gameboardsoc)

I've also sold 100% working and tested boards, properly and well packaged, and the buyer then claims not working or such. Some instances the buyer was correct and pcb was faulty after shipping; they're antiques after all. Other times I've had people send them back, and it is not the same item I shipped, missing parts, or parts swapped.

End of the day it is buyer beware in this hobby; learning how to repair pcbs is helpful :D
    • I too have had good experience with Bill Burger despite everyone else's issues. Got NOS artwork for my Gunbarl cab that looks gorgeous. Still debating grabbing the sideart just not sure if I want to change it to Point Blank (but chances of finding NOS Gunbarl artwork is slim). I've also bought PCBs from him that were packed in oversized boxes with no packing at all, so your mileage *will* vary.

Anyway, I think it's not a bad idea overall, as long as it's handled professionally and not just a thread full of rants and anger.
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.
    • rewrite wrote:

I think it's not a bad idea overall, as long as it's handled professionally and not just a thread full of rants and anger.
      I like that. The idea is people to be aware of who are cheating. Of course, one transaction can go south and that doesnt mean that the guy is a professional scammer...
    • Hi :

Very true, I think a little rant is enough. Though I am finding some people are really abusing the bee friendship!!
      So buzz and watch out!!! I have a ph2 myself.
      One question has anyone had a look at the schematics for sonic the hedgehog I/o pcb are they incorrect or incomplete? For the system 32 pcb?

Kind regards
      Euphoria
      :)
    • We are thinking on making this thread so, that all content must be approved. In general I agree with @brizzo. The mood here is so good that we don't even want to talk about bad guys, but on the other hand, we dont want anything to spoil your arcade experience...hard choice.
    • Darksoft wrote:

We are thinking on making this thread so, that all content must be approved. In general I agree with @brizzo. The mood here is so good that we don't even want to talk about bad guys, but on the other hand, we dont want anything to spoil your arcade experience...hard choice.
      Why not opening a thread of good and bad sellers with just a counter of positive or negative feedbacks from members here. No more information (no details).
      Something like "ebay sellers feedback from our members" with 2 lists: globally positive sellers and globally negative.
      Wouldn't it balance the negative feelings here?
      Looking for:
      - OutRun boardset even untested or not working
      - Sega Super Scaler hardware (Out Run, Model X, Model Y), even with faulty PCM chip

01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • I (like many others, most likely) have a lot of stories to tell about bad sellers and transactions gone to shit.

Personally, however, I'd rather not see that kinda chat on this board. There's other forums that pretty much thrive on drama in the arcade "scene" alongside wonderful topics such as the price of Cave cardboard boxes.

I feel the positive progressive community and intelligent discussion is the major point of difference of this forum, and why I myself keep coming back. This is the best forum hands down related to arcade stuff, and very well moderated.

I mean, if someone gets burnt SUPER bad and they feel they need to share it, by all means. In my experience though, a thread open for that kinda chat turns into nothing more than knitting-circle man-bitch gossip. My 2 cents.
      Multis: CPS-2, CPS-3, F3, ST-V, MVS, M72, Naomi, G-Net
      PVMs: 2043MD, 20M2MDA, 20L2MD
      Devices: Sentinel Gold / JAMMAizer! / XRGB-mini
      PCBs: VAPS Profile

• I'm against the creation of a "bad sellers" thread. eBay has a feedback score, KLOV has a feedback score, Arcade Otaku has a feedback score. If you have a bad experience then leave them bad feedback; that's what it's there for.

Creating a bad seller thread is just asking for people to dog-pile on someone and run their name into the ground with just one or two bad interactions. Also if you have 1 thread with a whole bunch of bad sellers, then when someone new gets mentioned it muddies the waters where people might attribute other bad transactions from other sellers mentioned in the thread to them...

I'm all for adding a feedback score to people's profiles here on AP, or just use the feedback forum we have here: Feedback Thread!

With a single topic per seller and people simply posting their experience it's a lot more fair than some kind of thread of shame.
      Buy 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Projects: instagram | blog
      Games: VAPS | VOOT | UMK3 | RFM | Vewlix | FiF Jr. | KI2 | E29 | Net City | DDR | Flash Beats
      Wanted | For Sale/Trade
    • Darksoft wrote:

That would make sense. I'm not sure how feasible is that. Pinging @brizzo
      I would recommend continuing to use the Feedback forum

Creating profile integration for a feedback system for sales when we're dont generally have issues with users here seems a moot point.

Also as silly as it seems, I see a users 'Likes' is a good reflection of their attitude and contributions to the forum
    • twistedsymphony wrote:

I'm against the creation of a "bad sellers" thread. eBay has a feedback score, KLOV has a feedback score, Arcade Otaku has a feedback score. If you have a bad experience then leave them bad feedback; that's what it's there for
      This summarizes my thoughts on this topic initially; why police transactions from other sites on this forum

But I also respect trying to protect all our arcade friends from a bad time
    • I have a to-avoid list of ebay sellers/buyers but I use it internally... I'm not sure it's a good idea to post this information publicly...

There is always the risk of fake-reports as well.. for example people seeking revenge, and random assholes.

I think it's better to have a positive list of external eBay sellers..
      LOAD "*",8,1
    • I think you guys are right: let's stay positive! :thumbsup:
      Looking for:
      - OutRun boardset even untested or not working
      - Sega Super Scaler hardware (Out Run, Model X, Model Y), even with faulty PCM chip

01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Darksoft wrote:

Let's see what mits @Mitsurugi-w has to say and call it a day.
      I think we should only worry about policing transactions from our own forums. Maybe informing about ebay transactions is ok too. But I don't believe a new sub forum is necessary. The feedback forum is ok.

So sayeth the all-seeing Mitsu... :P