What's new

SmokeMonster

Champion
Reaction score
Neo Geo MVS Motherboard PCB Comparison Chart
Originally at hardMVS, but currently only accessible via archive.org's Wayback Machine capture.

MV-1 MV-1A MV-1AX MV-1B MV-1C MV-1F MV-1FS MV-1FZ MV-1T MV-2 MV-2F MV-4F MV-4T MV-6F
# Of Slots 11111111122446
Cart Orientation HHHHVHHHHVVVVV
Harness Type JammaJammaJammaJammaJammaJammaJammaJammaJammaMVSMVSMVSMVSMVS
On Board Memory Slot NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoYesYesNoNoNo
MV-IC Memory Board Support YesNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoYesYesYes
Joystick Ports YesNoNoNoNoYesYesNoYesYesYesYesYesYes
Stereo Through Harness NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoYesYesYesYesYes
Stereo Through PCB Connector YesNoNoNoNoYesYesNoNoNoNoYes*Yes*Yes*
Stereo / Mono Switch YesNoNoNoNoYesYesNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Built In Headphone Jacks NoNoNoNoNoNoYesNoNoYesYesNoNoNo
Headphone Connector YesNoNoNoNoYesNoNoNoNoNoYesYesYes
Volume Control YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Headphone Volume Control YesNoNoNoNoYesYesNoNoYesYesYesYesYes
BIOS SocketSocketSolderedSolderedSolderedSocketSocketSocketSocketSocketSocketSocketSocketSocket

*Yes - Through Headphone Jack

Last edited:
Posting this for a friend. It's a useful reference for selecting an MVS to consolize.

If hardMVS or this page no longer exists for whatever reason, as good as the wayback machine is I feel like this information should be mirrored to ensure it's always available

I think it's worth mentioning horizontal 1 slot boards can be converted to vertical with small adapter boards:

ChzmAFB.jpg

Do you have a link to those? If so, I'll add it to the post.
They are made by neoturfmasta on the "other" forum.
But as you can see they are just "wires". Would you like me to design my own ones? Is there demand for them?

[EDIT]
Routed:

Capture.JPG

[EDIT]
This was an early version, dimensions have been reduced for a better fit (SMD components in the way).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done @Apocalypse. Do you want to post the design somewhere so people can print those off? I don't need one but I'm sure there are lots of people would love to have them.

Well done @Apocalypse. Do you want to post the design somewhere so people can print those off? I don't need one but I'm sure there are lots of people would love to have them.
I need to do tests first, it should work for MV-1B, MV-1FZ and MV-1FZS. Other 1 slots have different connectors and probably too big for consolisation anyway.
Then they'll be for sale (probably $15 a pair shipped).

[EDIT]
Gerber files released few posts down.

Sorry if this has been already answered somewhere - i didn't find it anywhere...

What's the difference between the MV1-FZ and the MV1-FZS - i have one each and can't spot any ?(

Sorry if this has been already answered somewhere - i didn't find it anywhere...

What's the difference between the MV1-FZ and the MV1-FZS - i have one each and can't spot any ?(
Similar as MV-1F and MV-1FS, the S should stand for smaller, but from pics I’ve seen on the net I don’t spot any difference...

IMG_0768.JPG
left MV1-FZ, right MV1-FZS - to me they look identical...

the right one i bought for its plastic case because i wanted to redo my stereo mod because i did a pretty ugly job there, bit now i already have a working FZS here as well, starting from scratch as soon as the stereo mod pcb arrives

hehe, that's why i only have one sexy and one ugly :D

but seriously, are there any differences between the two? The FZS is certainly not smaller and no stereo ;)

but the green colour of the FZS pcb IS sexier that the FZ :love:

I would guess it's just a hardware revision thing. Same as Apple does with the iPhone - there was also a 1F and 1FS, then 1FZ and 1FZS :)

One of mine I'm fairly sure is actually a 1FZSB lol, so the numbers get longer

Hello i asked neoturfmasta about these boards weeks ago and he told me that was not released by him because of the fiability was not good

@Apocalypse if you have already make your own boards i agree to be a tester... if you can sell me a pair or i can order it online with the files ! I’ts to consolize my MV1FZS

Th mv1fz / s have a white conne tor on the middle so we need to solder it manually.

Hello i asked neoturfmasta about these boards weeks ago and he told me that was not released by him because of the fiability was not good

@Apocalypse if you have already make your own boards i agree to be a tester... if you can sell me a pair or i can order it online with the files ! I’ts to consolize my MV1FZS

Th mv1fz / s have a white conne tor on the middle so we need to solder it manually.
I've attached the gerber files so anyone can print PCBs.
Tested on MV-1B.

[EDIT]
Updated gerbers as per @KoSLoW advice.

Attachments

• 1_slot_vert_b.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 748
Back