What's new

chinitosoccer

Student
Reaction score
Anyone trustworthy taking repairs jobs from overseas? I would like to send one of these, only 25" monitors I have, Chad@arcadecup says he does MS9's only.

duJpwyP.jpg

Last edited:
^THAT^

You can try PNL here in the states

PNL INC.

1572 W San Bernardino Rd. Covina CA 91722 USA.
Toll Free: 800-992-6588 . Phone: 626-337-9782

x2 MS8-25FTB with vertical collapse, the replacement part is nowhere to be found in my country, I can order them from Mouser or Digi-Key but that could be just one part of the problem.

x1 MS8-25FA, I can't adjust trapezoid, the image is curved and shaky on the sides, already changed the potentiometer and some caps but that did nothing to solve the problem.

FYI I sent John at PNL my MS8-25f. He claimed he got it working on his end but it wouldn’t power at all in my machine. He refunded only half my payment. I won’t use him again.

FYI I sent John at PNL my MS8-25f. He claimed he got it working on his end but it wouldn’t power at all in my machine. He refunded only half my payment. I won’t use him again.
Yup, that exact same issue happened to me with a 25FTB that I sent to East Coast Amusements, according to Quan (their tech guy) the chassis was repaired, but I never could power it on, although, a few years later I sold that machine and the buyer said that he managed to fix it, don't know what happened really.

Jomac once said that MS8-25's are the worst Nanao chassis ever, I have also read somewhere that MS9 chassis may work with these 25" Toshiba tubes, MS9's is the most reliable model IMHO.

Last edited:
I dont suggest PNL. They've had my Nanao chassis for more than a month and haven't heard any updates. Ive called them a few times now and it's the same answer..."The tech is looking at it". After reading other peoples experience with them, it seems to be the same outcome :(

I heard there's a place in Vegas called Sharp Image repair that does nanao chassis work, maybe give them a shot.

I heard there's a place in Vegas called Sharp Image repair that does nanao chassis work, maybe give them a shot.
I didn't realize there was someone else that did Nanao... it'd be great to have options.

EDIT: found their website: https://sharpimagerepair.wixsite.com/sharpimagerepair

FWIW I only ever had 1 monitor repaired by PNL it took them about 5 or 6 weeks to get it back to me and the repair was quite expensive (~$180) but they did manage to find a replacement flyback for my MS8-29 which is pretty much unobtanium and it looked and worked great when I got it back.

The only reason I even called them is because my chassis had a sticker on it that it had been serviced by PNL 15+ years ago and I hadn't found anyone else that serviced MS8-29s in the US.

Last edited:
Has JOMAC totally stopped all repairs now? I thought he had only stopped servicing international customers.

If he is still helping local Aussies out you might be able to get one of the Aussies on here to help as a chassis forwarding service.

or you could reach out to Grantspain from the UK, he is active on Arcade-Otaku forums, hear got stuff about him

Back