What's new

Geddon

Professional
Reaction score
Maybe all this shit just causes compatibility problems. I recently added unibios to my aes, have a Daedalus converter and a 161 in one. Together it seems kaput. I got puzzle bobble working but the other games I tried shit the bed. I know I’m playing with Fire with so many components but I’m just curious if any of you have tried anything as ridiculous. The Daedalus seems to run my real mvs carts so I guess that’s good enough. I bought a few cheap 1 slot mvs I can get working with the 161 in 1 and yeah I might splurge for a mvs multi eventually. I did find that a n64 cart is the perfect height for supporting a cart plugged into the Daedalus converter. Why the design had the cart hanging from the side is a good question. Dumb as hell design but whatever. I never cracked it open to see what the hell the dude who created came up with. I’m delving into the cheap mvs boards to learn how to stereo mod and unibios mod. It’s nice how there are a lot of cheap mvs 1 slot boards on eBay to play around with.

Yeah I'm with you, never fancied the horizontal cart placement. I think the justification for this is that so it doesn't sit as high, meaning you can fit it within a shelf.

Do you have the latest bios, V4 something? I want to grab it soon as I'm intrigued by the 161 specific menu features.

Do you have the latest bios, V4 something? I want to grab it soon as I'm intrigued by the 161 specific menu features.
I would also like to know where one can get the latest unibios (ver4) that allows for the editing of games in the menu. How well does it work? Would be great to get rid of all the clones.

Just pay for and order the latest release of Unibios. It has a feature called pick n mix. It automatically filters out all the hacks, gives you a new and much nicer menu and allows you to cycle games with the select button.

My console has an older unibios version. I’ll probably get a 4.0 chip and use that with a mvs board here soon. I’ll be curious if others get the 161 working on an aes and what converter they are using. I see there is a cheaper option now. Really it’s just dumb fun for me since I’ll have a mvs board. I picked up 3 cheap Neo boards off of eBay to play with.

Back