What's new
@twistedsymphony did you manage to get this going in the end? I've been offered a TTX+ and wanted to see if i can getting going before i take the plunge!
TTX+ has a different revision mobo and a different GPU from the normal TTX, as a result you need to use the OS setup from a TTX+ game as the base for the drive and this needs to be "adjusted" the same ways that the base OS partition has for both TTX1 and TTX2 for playing un protected games. You can't use this TTX1 multi image as is, and trying to modify it to work is arguably the more difficult path here.

After a lot of work and help from other people I have an image for TGM3 running on TTX+ with a TTX1 GPU.

Maybe the TTX+ GPU would work (I don't own one, my TTX+ game without a GPU)?

Maybe someone will be nice enough to put together a version of this multi for use on a TTX+?

unless someone else releases that or you're willing to put in that work yourself I'd recommend waiting for a normal TTX1 and avoid the TTX+.

With that said I'm looking to buy a TTX+ GPU and would be happy to trade a TTX1 GPU for one. I now have a normal TTX1 setup with the multi and I'm hoping to run some TTX+ specific games on my TTX+ unit (which requires the correct GPU).

TTX+ has a different revision mobo and a different GPU from the normal TTX, as a result you need to use the OS setup from a TTX+ game as the base for the drive and this needs to be "adjusted" the same ways that the base OS partition has for both TTX1 and TTX2 for playing un protected games. You can't use this TTX1 multi image as is, and trying to modify it to work is arguably the more difficult path here.
You sure it does not run ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taito-Type...d-Master-3-TGM3-Arcade-Jamma-PCB/114254133676

After a lot of work and help from other people I have an image for TGM3 running on TTX+ with a TTX1 GPU.
Do you mind sharing this?

I have a TTX+ here, will write the image to it and test it now.

Edit:

Test with the original GPU (9800 Pro) was a failure. Tried to run 5 games, most of them showed some Direct3D error, TGM3 showed can't go into fullscreen.

I also put in the 9600SE from my TTX (no original BIOS) and everything seems to work except TGM3 that just shows black screen.

Last edited:
do you remember this: A Freeware Taito TypeX Multigame
There are audio driver issues, YOU were the one who helped me resolve them by using the OS partition from an original ttx+ drive. :P
Now that you mention it, something slowly comes to mind :D

If you don't have an ATI card with the right BIOS you will not get any standalone image or the multi to run properly.

Got the jamma bios on the 9600SE now. The HL2 TTX+ with the 9600SE is now working without any OS adjustments. The sound card is still in it, really just replaced the GPU.

Also asked the seller on eBay, he just puts in 9600SE with jamma bios and the multi game.

While working on this I found something interesting. I had bootet the TTX+ 9600Se non jamma bios with a DVI to HDMI on my Framemeister. After he adjusted to the resolution of the tv I put it in the astro city. While I couldn't see the multi menu, pressing a and starting tetris adjusted the resolution and it was working, sound image, everything. This seems like a resolution issue when there's a black screen with sound.

When testing the TTX please use a standard VGA monitor to determine if things work. Some arcade monitors get confused :)

@GermanDarknes what do you mean by JAMMA BIOS ?

@GermanDarknes what do you mean by JAMMA BIOS ?
That's what Taito Calls the official BIOS:
index.php

I'm going to guess they call it that because it supports 15kHz through the VGA port for JAMMA Video Standard compatibility.

Reactions: rtw
Got the jamma bios on the 9600SE now.
Did you do that yourself? If so, would you mind sharing how? I have a 9600 (vanilla) that I would like to try with the 9600SE Bios (board layout looks identical)...

First you need an old PC with AGP. I couldn't get it to work on the TTX, if anyone knows if this thing can boot from USB, please enlighten us :D

Tools:
DOS Start Files: http://www.sevenforums.com/attachme...dos-bootable-flash-drive-create-win98boot.zip
ATI Flash: https://hw-lab.com/atiflash.html
HP USB Format Tool: Just google, can't find the official link.
JAMMA Bios (9600SE + 9800PRO): https://www.germandarknes.net/content/TTX-Bios.zip

proxy.phpimagehttp3a2szk5z.jpg

Now format an USB Stick like this, put the ATI Flash Tool + BIOS onto the USB Stick and boot it.

( Another tutorial, if you want to boot from CD: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/how-to-use-atiflash.57750/ )

Save the old bios: atiflash -s 0 OLDBIOS.BIN
Flash the new bios: atiflash -f -p 0 9600SE.BIN

After restart the card wasn't functional in the old pc, but works fine in the TTX+.

I don't have a regular 9800 Pro, so I can't test this method there. The 9800 Pro bios is from my HL2 Survivor TTX+.

Thanks to @twistedsymphony for sharing the 9600SE bios!

I can confirm that the following 9600SE revisions are working:

Blank at the top:
https://abload.de/img/51fo6qbkdzl._ac_sx466atjf1.jpg

Jumper at the top:
https://abload.de/img/sapphire-9600se-frontsdkf5.jpg

Last edited:
I can confirm it's working on my TTX+ from HL2 Survivor.

I can only guess but IIRC the HL2 ones where TTX that got upgraded to + with sound cards, new cpu and more ram. Maybe this sticker with TTX+ replaced the old TTX label.

2020-07-17_00.00.12-1617d6.png

@twistedsymphony has a TTX+ where it didn't worked, maybe he can confirm if he got this TTX+ sticker slapped over the old one or not.

Hi, got some questions,

Is there any way to resize the game selection window? I'm using composite at the moment (I bought the board in a non-working state, with two GPUs, one looking like the original GPU that most people have but mine doesn't work, and a different GPU which I think was a 9650SE but it works with the board.) and the window is off-screen for the composite output.

Second question, I put the multi on my TTX, and it's running great, but I cannot seem to get the games into Test Mode. This is more a generic TTX question so if I should put this somewhere else that's fine with me, but I assume the reply code for the TEST button on JVS is still 0x80 for Taito's JVS implementation? I'm using the IONA JVS emulation thing for Arduino so I can change stuff around if it's incorrect but I noticed using 0x80 like what I find online as the standard test button code for the JVS standard doesn't seem to work.

Is there any way to exit the game and go back to the multi menu, like in the TX2 Multi?

@nzgamer41 I had the same problem with a GPU that didn't have the right BIOS in 15K mode... once I got the right video card, issue went away. You may also be able to edit something somewhere to fix, but not sure what, sorry.

Is there any way to exit the game and go back to the multi menu, like in the TX2 Multi?
No there is not, you can push the reset button on the JVS card for a slightly faster reboot.

The main reason for this design, is that I do not want to introduce any lag into the JVS protocol.

After the menu is loaded and the game selected, the game is started in exactly the same manner as on the original arcade machine.

Here is a new version of Ttxshell.exe which should fix the no-entity error.

Instructions:. Remove the drive from your TTX
. Mount your drive on your PC using your favourite tools.
. On the partition named: TTXMulti[C], navigate to the directory \WINDOWS\system32
. Rename the file Ttxshell.exe to OldTtxshell.exe
. Copy in the new verstion of Ttxshell.exe
. Unmount the drive and connect it to your TTX again

New version removed, time to re-think this issue.

Last edited:
What sort of change in behaviour should I check for?

Try selecting the game as fast as possible.

The goal is to squash the "no entity" bug.

Try selecting the game as fast as possible.

The goal is to squash the "no entity" bug.
Need to wait 5-6 seconds otherwise "no entity" message

Tested with original TTX / 32GB SSD

@Morzana thanks for the feedback.

So this is on an original TTX and Celeron CPU ?

Can you explain how you do the test ? Which games you select ?

Back