What's new
Is there any chance in this ever supporting the Sega 387-13551 IO board? Since they came with the Sega Naomi Universal cabinets in Europe they're very common.

Is there any chance in this ever supporting the Sega 387-13551 IO board? Since they came with the Sega Naomi Universal cabinets in Europe they're very common.
It should work with all SEGA JVS IOs, what is the error you are getting ?

It should work with all SEGA JVS IOs, what is the error you are getting ?
Just that no IO is connected please reboot. This is on a P4 TTX.
The same IO is working fine with a Naomi using the same cable.

It's plugged into the JAMMA port on the expansion card.

Edit: IO board wasn't powered! I'm an idort.

Last edited:
Snap a picture of the error and post a picture here please.

I'm getting a weird error - menu launches ok, I select a game and I just get a black screen with the game playing blind, tried it in two different Type-X's I'm sure it worked fine in my old one..

I thought it might be the video card so downloaded atiflash & 9600SE bios and tried flashing a connect 3D 9600SE but I just get "adapter not found" If i try to read the bios off the Taito ATI card I get the same error.

I've spent ages trying to work out what's going on - it's bugging me as I've lost the dongle for my original castle shig III drive so it sits there with error 900 and I fancied a game or two.

Dips 1 & 4 are on rest off and I assume you need a Taito 9600SE rather than a generic one for it to work?.

Is this a pure unmodified TAITO Type X with the same CPU and video board as the original i.e. a TAITO 9600SE ?

The DIPs are not used on the original TTX, they are hidden behind a plastic shield, they should all be set to 0.

You cannot use DVI directly, the card does not enable it, you must use the DVI->VGA adapter.

I just get "adapter not found"
I have tried with a bunch of 9600 cards, but haven't managed actually read or flash anything due to this issue.
I've read others having more success when booting with a PCI graphics card with the AGP card disabled, but it was a hassle finding a PCI card.
It could also be the Bios/motherboard - so i would probably need to find another mobo to test again...

Anyone having success flashing 9600 era cards?? Share your secrets!

I've tried forcing the bios to boot using onboard video and not AGP and tried different adapter numbers but no joy. Have re-downloaded the image and used Hdd guru rawcopy to write it to an ide drive to check if my drive was corrupt.

Pity there's not a hidden option on the menu for "command prompt"

On my Type-X, when I prised off the cover the dips were set "on, off, off, on" by default.

Fixed one problem - looks like the drive was corrupt - re-downloaded it and now only Tetris doesn't work...

Still can't get atiflash to recognise the TXX original card or the Connect 3D 9600SE.

Fixed one problem - looks like the drive was corrupt - re-downloaded it and now only Tetris doesn't work...

Still can't get atiflash to recognise the TXX original card or the Connect 3D 9600SE.
Use flashrom instead. See attached.

Attachments

• flashrom240.zip
    93.5 KB · Views: 168
did anybody get this running on a TTX+ ? as i just get a blue screen with games

thanlyou for that , if i do this and flash the card, is the TTX+ able to run SF 3rd Strike and Hyper Street Fighter ?

Type x2 has the nesica x live versions working , can't say the same about type x tbh

basically what it was, is i was wondering if i could utilise a type x+ i had to go in a cabinet running the multi with SF 3rd Strike or Hyper SF 2 , i have an X2 and X3 , i was trying to give my HL2 TTX + a purpose in life :)

You might be able to get it to work with extensive hacking, but it's more effort than required and the TX / X+ are substantially slower than the X2, so I don't think it would run particularly well.

Could try installing MAME.

Back