What's new

rtw

Champion
Reaction score
The official, Freeware Taito TypeX Multigame project thread.

This multigame is for use on a original TypeX system with the ATI Radeon GPU.

Note:
The multi menu was written by Niko therefore the placement of the files is nearly the same as in his TypeX2 Multigame.

1.) All games are to be placed in separate folders on the 3rd partition of the drive, labeled TTXMulti[Games].
2.) Inside each game folder, subfolder named "Game". Inside of this "Game" sub folder is where the actual game files will go.

Lets assume when connected to your PC, the 3rd partition of the multidrive ( the games partition labeled TTXMulti[Games] ) is mapped to "F:\". Lets also assume we are adding a fictional game named "Pacman".

F:\Pacman\ <- This is where you could place a JPG/PNG file to be used as a game image in the multi.
F:\Pacman\Game\ <- This is where you place the game files.

TL;DR: Someone created a torrent file with all the games. Untar this archive to the root of the "TTXMulti[Games]" partition.

FAQ:

How do I use the autoboot feature?:

The autoboot feature sets a game that is started as soon as the unit is powered on, bypassing the multi menu completely. If you wish to boot back into the multi menu, you can hold P1 Start on bootup.

Do I have to use a ATA drive ?
Most TypeX units will support a SATA drive or SATA SSD drive.

How do I use the multi ?:
1.) Download the release image below.
2.) Unrar the disk image and write it to your HDD/SDD using something capable of handling raw disk images. Such as "dd" that you find in Linux or HDD Raw Copy Tool.
3.) Place all your games into separate folders on third partition ( labeled "TTXMulti[Games]" ) following the folder layout mentioned above.
5.) Once you have your games added to the multi, unmount the drive, connect it to your TypeX and enjoy :).

How do I add game images to the menu ?:
1.) Find or create a PNG or JPG image you want displayed in the picture box for a specific game on the multi.
2.) Put the image in the root of the respective games folder.

I found a problem, somethings not working, or I need help:
Please post issues, problems, or help topics in this thread so if other users have the same problem they can find the answer.

Compatibility:

Capcom I/O 2.0
SEGA 838-13683-02
TAITO JVS/AMP: TAITO CORP.;JVS/AMP PCB;Ver2.00;2004.08.20

Changelog:

V4.12:
Initial release

V4.7.2
Menu crash patch. Unzip the attached file to the root of your TTX drive overwriting existing files.

Credits:

atrfate: In-game images for the menu
cpsystem3, nam9: Testing
Niko: The multi menu, JVS code
rtw: Launcher, Original TTXMulti

Download:

Download the attached images and unzip them then you will find what you need.

ttx_r4_m.jpg

ttx_g_t.jpg

Any public sharing of these links will result in removal of the targets

Attachments

• ttx_multi_4.7.2.zip
    43 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:
Awesome work! Won’t get to try it until I replace the caps on my Type X mothboard. Is there support for a vertical monitor? Hint hint...

seeding now.....

A vert option would be good. Also does Tetris work or will there need to be a special version due to videocard?

TGM3 works as long as it is a genuine TypeX
Mine sort-of is....

m/b & jvs card are genuine, it's got 2Gb of ram and a standard ATI 9600 SE video card as the original one was fried. My other one is a TTX+ so will I need to remove the PCI soundcard and swap the video card in that?

Thanks for amazing job. I have original ATI card and my Nvdia card is almost dead. It is Wonderfull for me.
But I do not understand how I can download it ?

someone explain to me please :)

Thanks for amazing job. I have original ATI card and my Nvdia card is almost dead. It is Wonderfull for me.

The image files are actually zip files, just rename them from .jpg to .zip :). Note that stock windows zip functionality doesn't cut it - you need something like winrar/winzip or linux..

The image files are actually zip files, just rename them from .jpg to .zip :). Note that stock windows zip functionality doesn't cut it - you need something like winrar/winzip or linux..
Thanks for your answer but ;

1- ıt doesn't look and attachment, it is just regular image from some host ?. I can't download it, just click and save as image
2- I tried to change .jpg to .zip but I couldn't open wirar-winzip- and on linux

Assuming windows:-

1) save the .jpg files to your PC
2) browse to the files
3) right-click and select "Open with"
4) Choose winzip, 7z, winrar
5) Extract the file
6) Download the base image from mega link extracted from one file
7) Download the games using a bit-torrent client and the torrent file extracted from the other file.
8) use disk imaging software to put base image onto a hard-drive
9) Mount drive on PC and copy torrent files onto the games partition.

Put drive in TTX with ATI 9600SE video card and 1Gb ram and you're away.

I have the original Type X with 256MiB and all games run on it.
Memory was one of the challenges when making the multi :)

Assuming windows:-

1) save the .jpg files to your PC
2) browse to the files
3) right-click and select "Open with"
4) Choose winzip, 7z, winrar
5) Extract the file
6) Download the base image from mega link extracted from one file
7) Download the games using a bit-torrent client and the torrent file extracted from the other file.
8) use disk imaging software to put base image onto a hard-drive
9) Mount drive on PC and copy torrent files onto the games partition.

Put drive in TTX with ATI 9600SE video card and 1Gb ram and you're away.
Thanks but I made until 4 already.
But it doesn't work. I tried windows -linux and Mac OS X too.
winrar-winzip-linux zip manager- Mac osx dr.Unarchiver
All of this programs gives error to me.

Please someone send me the zip file as pm :)

To the people who want a rotated menu.

The menu is written in QT 5.6.3

It is using the standard mechanism of derived from QMainWindow

If anyone here can explain how I can rotate the menu using this setup I am all ears.

Awesome work guys :thumbsup:

Quick ?: Between Type X & Type X+ units, any preference over using one or the other with the multi and games comparability?

Awesome work guys :thumbsup:

Quick ?: Between Type X & Type X+ units, any preference over using one or the other with the multi and games comparability?

I have only tested this on the original Type X, would be interesting to see if it works on an X+ though.

when I tried to run standard ttx games on my ttx+ They used the on-board sound and gave a graphics error. I had to swap the video card for a 9600SE for them to run.

Am I missing something here? I get like 46kb files and when I rename them to zip and try to open with 7zip i tells me they are invalid archives.

Edit: NVM. 7zip doesn't work.

Last edited:
7zip does work.

Don't rename the files.

Select the file and "open with" select the gui version of 7zip and extract the file.

7zip does work.

Don't rename the files.

Select the file and "open with" select the gui version of 7zip and extract the file.
I got it to work, just used a portable version of winrar. Thanks for the tip though :D

Back