What's new

Gis

Beginner
Reaction score
Before anything, I will start by citing what hardware I have (Specs)

B-Board = 93646b-7

Pal16L9bcn
422CBXG D
BGS-B3E

Street Fighter Zero - 100% working
Multikit was bought this year. (2018)

Here's things I did:

1: First thing I did was to test that the initial game was working without the kit. Everything was working 100%.
2: I removed the battery to remove the key from the board, installed the kit without updating the firmware because it said I wouldn't have to due to the date of purchase.
3: I used two sources for the roms, the test roms and what was provided in one of the threads here with the encryption key (CPS2 Roll-Up Base Pack); to test if the kit was working.
4: I verified that the switch setting were all correct using an ohmmeter.
5: As I start the kit, I notice that there is a weird glitch on every game, either they will have sprites that are missing and/or the background is missing and/or graphics are simply mixed up in a weird glitch. (see pictures below)
6: I removed the wires to do a firmware update which was completed successfully since the flash file got erased from the sd card.
7: I rewired and still have the same glitch.
8: I tried to use a better SD card (was using class 2, now using class 10), this wasn't a success.
9: I figured that while doing the process, I might have broke something, so I "unsuicided" the B-Board with darksoft multikit. Which successfully reverted my Street fighter zero to it's original working state. Street fighter zero is now working perfectly without the kit. So I'm pretty sure my a and b board are working.
10: I triple checked the jumpers, that every pin fit 100% and that there was no visual damage on the board and restarted the multi kit procedure and the same glitch occurs.

So I'm pretty sure that my a and b board are fine as the street fighter zero works, but there is clearly something odd going on here, am I missing something? Is my multi-kit unit defective?

(I'm experienced in electronics and have all the equipment to do about any test needed, however I do not have a second a or b board.)

(First image: Xmen Cota)
(Second image: Battle circuit)

e174819fc49706d2a20cfed0b3d99731.jpg

5284f7748a8e6454eccd8e0b01a9f1e8.jpg

Have you installed a PAL G?

Also you should post some images of the B board with the kit installed. Easier for people to see if there is anything obviously wrong in the setup.

The OP has specified that they have an E PAL on the board which is correct for SF Zero, 19XX or Rockman 2 so I'm assuming they haven't burnt or installed a G PAL :)

Since it's a Rev 7 board so it'll go straight on without the jumper which is always nice

I'm just saying he needs to switch to a G Pal for when he's installing the multi

That's exactly what you want for your kit, you need to replace your PAL with the correct one, we call it a G PAL as the code ends in G rather than E, there is also B, D and F PALs

I don't believe the TL866 can burn them, but you can get it from Paradise or I would guess byicnow or hobbyroms can get you sorted out.

The PAL gets burned onto a GAL16V8 - a GAL is like a rewritable PAL chip.

I don't believe the TL866 can burn them, but you can get it from Paradise or I would guess byicnow or hobbyroms can get you sorted out.

The PAL gets burned onto a GAL16V8 - a GAL is like a rewritable PAL chip.
The TL866 can handle GAL16V8 just fine.

I wonder where do I find the file to burn on the GAL? Burning one seems to be the easiest solution in my current situation I simply need the file.

Thanks again for all the help!

Good news everyone! I got the G Pal from Hobbyroms and it turned out that installing that fixed my issue. The kit now works perfectly.

Thanks for all the replies it really helped tons!

Too bad none of you lives close, id have given you a beating in all of the games..

Kidding, I'm not that good :P

Back