What's new

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've got 2 revision 4 B boards here at the moment I have been asked to convert for people (1 was already half converted to Gigawing, badly) and both have similar issues.

I know there's been a lot of issues on rev 4 boards with the multi so I'm assuming it's probably related, but in both cases I have graphics glitching I can isolate to the main program ROMs. There are other issues on Gigawing also.

Progear: boot text is fine, copyright is fine, Q-Sound screen is garbled but text is fine, main screen is jumbled, text is messed up but newspaper in background is fine. In game pretty much everything is a mess except the sound. Was also not booting or if it was, gave a solid screen like suicide but game was playing blind.

Gigawing: Jailbars through intro text and images, severely messed up backgrounds in game, text and sprites perfect.

So far I have replaced all the sockets for the main program ROMs on Progear, and the one I suspected had an issue on Gigawing. Progear then booted reliably, but with the aforementioned graphics issues.

ROMs have been pulled, verified and replaced a few times now, so it's not the ROMs.

Am I missing something? I've installed G PALs on both. It just strikes me as really strange that both are rev 4

Checked and double checked

I think the most likely fault on the Gigawing is another busted socket somewhere, Progear I'm not sure though.

Looks like while doing testing with these boards I may have damaged my A board. I just installed my multi kit back onto it (completely different B board) and I can't boot anything. LCD screen is coming up fine but if I try to load a game I just get a solid colour suicide screen.

Edit: Nope, all good. Just needed to be sat for a while. Strange.

Last edited:
Back