What's new
No issues with the through-holes, plenty big enough.

Conversely, multi turn pots can be a pain pending application. I initially experimented with multi turn on the RGB lines and found that 1) that level of fine adjustment just isn't necessary and 2) it was a chore having to turn the pot countless times for a minor adjustment.

I've been looking into digital pots. This should ensure all levels are even and one can adjust all signals simultaneously with tactile switches. Seems like a nifty idea.

Conversely, multi turn pots can be a pain pending application. I initially experimented with multi turn on the RGB lines and found that 1) that level of fine adjustment just isn't necessary and 2) it was a chore having to turn the pot countless times for a minor adjustment.
Use them as trim pots to level the main three gang variable resistor?

Which are the cps2 games that glitch regarding button inputs when the extended jamma pinout is used?

I now have a cps2 multi (yippee but getting no work done :)) and I've tried Vampire Hunter 2, Vampire Night Warriors and Vampire Saviour without issue. All inputs for both players working fine.

Testing on the silver supergun which doesn't have the input disable feature on buttons 456. It's wired for 5 inputs off the jamma edge and 6 from the kick harness, simultaneously.

Am I testing the wrong games or is it working due to me not wiring up button 6 off the jamma edge (which is usually a ground point)?
Vampire Savior is an easy game to test this on. You can pick any of the characters and do their "raging demon" style special move. Here's an easy example:

Pick the Werewolf character, gain a meter, and hit this sequence of buttons: LP MP → LK MK

L = Light
M = Medium
P = Punch
K = Kick
→ = Forward (left if on 2P)

The wolf should stick a claw out and flash a bit, using a meter in the process (video). If this doesn't happen no matter how much you try, you're probably running into the issue.

Use them as trim pots to level the main three gang variable resistor?
You could do that @randomdoohickey but you gain two more problems. The first, is that you use more more space, which can be a problem is you are trying to say within a form factor. The second problem is you increase there expense to the the bill. I'm sure those are both issue that would be nice to about altogether.

PART_1539949805554.jpg

A few more people have been added to the list, keep an eye out.

Still have a few things to sort out, slight changes to be made, but RGB is working after some patches and looking beautiful. Nice being able to toggle the LPF and see results in realtime.

Exciting stuff. Congrats Frank!

Keep it up. You'll have an order of 4 of them from me when you're ready, can't wait :)

Can I be in the list for a Deluxe package please?

Composite video hat fits well and is unobtrusive. S-video is on a separate hat and basically looks the same but has the s-video connector in place of yellow RCA jack, and a 3.5mm headphone connector in place of white / red RCA jacks.

The hats are quite simple as the guts of the circuit is on the main supergun PCB.

One thing that stands out with testing this far, I believe I will go back to individual RGB pots. Perfect colour balance is unobtainable via 3 x simultaneously controlled pots, due to variances beteeen each pot. This comes to play a lot more regarding the composite / s-video conversion too, where red seems to need separate adjustment.

Another advantage of individual pots is you can display one colour at a time, independently, which is of great help when calibrating a monitor.

This will free up space too which will allow me to space the db15s further apart.

PART_1540011231045.jpg

How does the HAS do it with one RGB pot? Is it b/c Mike is not dealing with composite and S-video, and since you are the three pots are needed for that fine tune analog adjustment?

Still looking great btw!

I see 3 x pots on the HAS controlled via a single knob.?

Yes, that is what I mean, he is doing it via 1 knob, but you say you want to go back to doing it via individually controlled pots. I was just asking why you think it is needed, as I have never adjusted the HAS. I wanted to know that if it was necessary in S-video mode to get more accurate individual color adjustments.

Back