What's new
There's an informative thread on here somewhere about how awesome the LG OLED TVs are with the OSSC. I strongly recommend them - they look gorgeous.

Yeah it's pretty crazy. The best part is that the blacks are actually true black.I picked it up around 10 months ago for under $1700 which is still an awesome deal.
These LG OLEDs are the next thing I got to get onto.

What I dont like about LG is they sell you a $5,000-$7000 TV and give you one year warranty.... Hell even on their $12k TVs they still only give you one year.
I know the consumer law and all that here but that shit is a hassle to deal with if anything goes wrong and I think LG quality is basically meh.

I've got an LG LED (one of the first smart TVs they ever released) and it's still working well. I haven't had any issues with quality. Their whitegoods are excellent too.

If you're worried about the 1 year warranty, buy the extra (there are some good and some bad extra warranties, research before you buy) - the consumer laws are there if nothing else

My next TV will definitely be an LG OLED (or maybe a Sony or Panasonic with the LG panel) - I was waiting for the input lag issues to be resolved (as I understand it they're pretty good now) and I was waiting for more 4K content and for the HDR standards debate to settle down. Neither is happening quickly though.

I've got an LG LED (one of the first smart TVs they ever released) and it's still working well. I haven't had any issues with quality. Their whitegoods are excellent too.

If you're worried about the 1 year warranty, buy the extra (there are some good and some bad extra warranties, research before you buy) - the consumer laws are there if nothing else

My next TV will definitely be an LG OLED (or maybe a Sony or Panasonic with the LG panel) - I was waiting for the input lag issues to be resolved (as I understand it they're pretty good now) and I was waiting for more 4K content and for the HDR standards debate to settle down. Neither is happening quickly though.
I can't comment to their TV quality since I've never owned one but I have heard lots of issues with their white goods not being up to par and failing a lot. The quality is Korean and not up to the level of Japanese stuff.

Extended warranties are a scam, I bought one once and never again. I do not believe there are really any good ones at all. My issue with a one year warranty is that they don't back their product with more than that even after someone could potentially spend $12,000 on their top end set and be told to get stuffed if it breaks later on. My feeling is if you spend $1k get 1 year $2k 2 years etc up to maybe 5 years.

I do remember their being issues with lag previously on these as well. Would be cool to get a main living room one and a personal game one but I doubt I'd be watching too much 4k stuff at the moment.

Thread hijacking just to say how much more awesome the PS Vita 1000 OLED screen is compared to the 2000 :)

Thread hijacking to say get a CRT!

I do like the LG OLEDs though. I almost bought the first model OLED they released however I refrained as $3000 for a standard definition 50" TV didn't represent good value to me. The newer models are much better, my parents have one and it is stunning.

Gonna chime in here for plasmas. Landed this PDP-607CMX for $200 and love it. All the hookups you want, pretty much true black, 60”, high enough resolution (for me anyway), beautiful phosphor color.. yeah it’s hot, yeah there is image retention. The pros heavily outweigh the cons!

cHRTNPM.jpg

C1Ocl37.jpg
M306yC8.jpg
LLqdGBR.jpg

Just general interest at the moment, there will definitely be enough accessories as well :)

The S-Video output is awesome, it's great that @Frank_fjs added the option for the places where SCART TVs are more difficult to get

Just general interest at the moment, there will definitely be enough accessories as well :)

The S-Video output is awesome, it's great that @Frank_fjs added the option for the places where SCART TVs are more difficult to get
It's great for me since while I do have a PVM at home, I run gaming events and have to take my equipment out of the house often. RGB isn't easy in those settings but we make sure to have some CRTs with S-Video on hand!

Hearing it has amazing S-Video is music to my ears :D

Didn't realise you didn't know :P

Retrotink 2x does not have a SLG... He missed the boat in adding that I think.

Come to think of it why would he not add an SLG? It's for retro consoles so would have been a good inclusion.

I think would look something like this:

Sentinel with S-Video hat -> S-Video/RCA audio cables -> RetroTINK -> miniHDMI cable to -> SLG -> HDMI cable -> TV

All that is left to know is what that HDMI SLG is like. Seen it on ebay too and another type/version of it.

https://www.arcadewinkel.nl/en/hdmi-slg-scanline-generator-en

Not cheap though.
Can get these SLGs a bit cheaper off ebay ~$35aud, I have one connected one onto my upscaler as a "poor mans OSSC"
It does a nice job, I'll try and get video example of it it motion.

Come to think of it why would he not add an SLG? It's for retro consoles so would have been a good inclusion.

Sentinel with S-Video hat -> S-Video/RCA audio cables -> RetroTINK -> miniHDMI cable to -> SLG -> HDMI cable -> TV

All that is left to know is what that HDMI SLG is like. Seen it on ebay too and another type/version of it.

Not cheap though.
Can get these SLGs a bit cheaper off ebay ~$35aud, I have one connected one onto my upscaler as a "poor mans OSSC"It does a nice job, I'll try and get video example of it it motion.
Have you got a link to the one you are referring to?

Not cheap though.
Can get these SLGs a bit cheaper off ebay ~$35aud, I have one connected one onto my upscaler as a "poor mans OSSC"It does a nice job, I'll try and get video example of it it motion.
Have you got a link to the one you are referring to?
I got this one from this seller.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HDMI-Sc...ator-/292614867746?hash=item4421348b22&_uhb=1

The one I received is v23 compared to the picture v11, there some slight differences to the board shown(components in different locations, extra pushbutton on the rear)

I got this one from this seller.https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HDMI-Sc...ator-/292614867746?hash=item4421348b22&_uhb=1

The one I received is v23 compared to the picture v11, there some slight differences to the board shown(components in different locations, extra pushbutton on the rear)
Those are the same as the ones I was looking at just without the case.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-Arc...nerator-Game-GM/283213311262?var=583645060903

They seem to have gone up in price since you got yours.

Would like to hear your experiences with them and see some video if you can. Are they lag free?

For those looking for a PSU for their upcoming Sentinel I can offer two alternatives that I've tested.

The first is the Casecom 700w ATX PSU: https://www.umart.com.au/Casecom-700W-Power-Supply_42870G.html

I did all my testing thus far on this PSU with no issues. Really strong and steady power supply with protections and a good fan. Not badly priced at $45 AUD.

The only issue with that PSU was that I had two fussy boards that needed particular voltages to work (Time Killers & Pu-Li-Ru-La), so I bought the pictured power supply directly from SuzoHapp in Australia for $75 AUD shipped. @Frank_fjs just sent me a ATX to Molex adapter for it today and I'm glad to report it works well. The benefit now is that I've got an nice adjustable +5v and that particular PSU had a power switch and works in 240v (no step down needed). The downside is that I can no longer use the ON/OFF switch on the Sentinel which was real cool. Hope this helps some people looking for alternatives.

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/power_supplies/80-0002-10

happ1.JPG
happ3.JPG
happ5.JPG

Attachments

• happ2.JPG
    happ2.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 179
  • happ4.JPG
    happ4.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 177
  • happ6.JPG