What's new
I'm using the same pinout as Undamned so I believe the Snes adapters should work with the HAS. I've attached a pic of the pinout for reference. The pic represents looking into the male DB15 of the supergun. Re the Snes controller, the 4 x main face buttons follow the same layout as the Neo CD pad. L shoulder button is button 5 and R is 6. Select is coin and start is start. I could make these available separately if people are interested.

Personally I enjoy using the Snes adapter with an 8Bitdo bluetooth Snes receiver. Having a wireless pad is really handy sometimes.

Yes you can use Retrovision component cables. Can also use standalone component converters such as the Shinybow/CSY-2100.
Just an FYI, here's a chart of some of the various DB15 pinouts in use (Yellow signals are different):

6cX1SDE.png

Hindsight, I like JNX's the best because every signal is separate (whereas mine combines D and K1).
-ud

Thanks @undamned, have stumbled across that list before and it's very helpful. I believe there's a slight error regarding Mak-Strike, possibly buttons 5 and 6 being jumbled. Let me check when I'm home and get back to you.

@PascalP yep the cable should be fine with HAS. For my sgun I may just stick with the Mega Drive 2 DIN due to the cables being easier to source and this allows use of Retrovision component cables.

Yeah for the MakStrike pin 2 is K2 and pin 10 is K3.

Loving my HAS 3.1 & have started using it to run/stream CPS2 based FG tournaments, but I could definitely use another gun as a casual/secondary station.

Really pumped for this, and am very thankful to be involved in this scene at such an exciting time!

Thanks for your hard work @Frank_fjs, looking forward to the release!

Thanks RGB, good point re separating audio and video. I do know that Mega Drive 2 cables can be purchased with optional separated RCA breakouts so that's a good option.

Just a little update...

I have the supergun PCB finalised. I'll be placing a bulk order for them in the upcoming days.

I have selected a small handful of people whom will be receiving boards first to perform a closed beta test. These people will test under a variety of conditions and report any issues/suggestions for improvement.

The composite video board is what's holding me up. I can tune it to near perfection for some arcade boards at the detriment of others. If I alter components to attain perfection for the other boards then the boards that originally looked great suffer. I just can't find a circuit that provides consistently good results across all boards. At this stage the best I can do is perfect for most boards, average for some.

Loose example:

Circuit 1:

Perfect for MVS
Average for CPS2

Circuit 2:
Bad for MVS
Perfect for CPS2

Circuit 3:
Average for MVS
Average for CPS2

At this stage I'm looking at settling for circuit 1 as it performs best with a wide variety of boards and the boards it performs averagely on still look acceptable, they just suffer from a slight shimmer/dot crawl. It doesn't really affect gameplay but you will notice it if you concentrate on text.

It all stems from the oscillator. Two things I've yet to try is 1) filtering the output from the oscillator or 2) using a crystal and building an external oscillating circuit.

@RGB

Did you experience similar findings with your composite video hat? I.e that results varied based upon arcade game. Is this why you've stopped producing them? I hope you don't mind me asking, would just appreciate some professional advice.

It's expected that composite is bad, hence it being known as composhite ;)
Lol so I should just accept it for what it is and stop pulling my hair out?

RGB and s-video are stunning so I'm happy with that.

It's expected that composite is bad, hence it being known as composhite ;)
Lol so I should just accept it for what it is and stop pulling my hair out?
RGB and s-video are stunning so I'm happy with that.
Exactly, don't worry too much about composite, it's always going to be bad. It's the drawback of shoving all the video information through one wire.

@Frank_fjs I only stopped because I never received the CXA2075 batch I ordered long time ago :D I will eventually have them available. Regarding the Composite Video, I wouldn't stress about it, but if you add a means of adjusting the color subcarrier frequency you can get the Composite Video to look pretty cool for every PCB (some will require adjustment).

I can obtain nice results with a small trimpot but didn't think end users would be happy having to alter it everytime they change games. That and I don't have any space left to fit it on the PCB.

This is composite on a CRT, CPS2 with the circuit tuned for MVS. So this is showcasing the worst case scenario.

Using a mobile phone plus video compression isn't helping, naturally it looks better in real life.

So you guys tell me. Acceptable or not?

This is composite on a CRT, CPS2 with the circuit tuned for MVS. So this is showcasing the worst case scenario.

Using a mobile phone plus video compression isn't helping, naturally it looks better in real life.

So you guys tell me. Acceptable or not?
For composite, that looks awesome!

Thanks man.

Did you spot the dot crawl? Most noticeable at the start of the video, look at the Q-sound text and Capcom logo. There's like a shimmer on the outline of text.

Aside from this the picture is great.

Just re-watched the video and I see what you mean, but honestly it's negligible for those who would opt to use composite anyhow...

I would assume a fair majority of those using a Supergun nowadays would be looking at other ways to output (RGB, OSCC, Framemeister, etc), and be willing to deal with a minor issue of dot crawl on a regular CRT setup?

I would assume a fair majority of those using a Supergun nowadays would be looking at other ways to output (RGB, OSCC, Framemeister, etc), and be willing to deal with a minor issue of dot crawl on a regular CRT setup?
That's what I'm hoping!

I would assume that if someone is going to the trouble of utilising a supergun, they're going to put effort into the monitor. I.e. seek out a PVM/BVM or RGB capable consumer CRT.

I see the composite video output being more handy for test rig scenarios. Where people just want to fire up a board for a few seconds to confirm operation and perhaps they're using a small LCD for space considerations.

I'll keep trying to improve things, maybe I'll stumble upon a solution.

Back