What's new
Can I be added to the list? Heard about this project when RetroRGB posted about it, but didn't put my name down then, kicking myself! Better now than never though.

Plexi case is in the works.

PART_1545026693579.jpg

All courtesy of @djsheep who was kind enough to visit a local plastic cutter and organise some samples.

Will be looking at a top cover if I can design something unobtrusive that still allows access to switches etc, and doesn't interfere with hats. Maybe some other nice surprises too...

Final prototype PCBs arrived today. We happy.

PART_1545140161705.jpg

Took advantage of the 4th channel of the THS7374 and buffered sync.

Flush mounted the voltmeter.

A few minor improvements made to the final design which aren't pictured here. I'll order the final production PCBs in a few days time.

I added a 3.5mm audio jack which can be utilised as an output or an input. Think CPS2 RCA stereo line out, feed this to the supergun and enjoy stereo Q-Sound goodness over the scart cable.

Off to bed now but will assemble and test the video and 4 player controller hats tomorrow.

Plexi case is in design and should become a reality next year. Laser cutting place is closed for the Xmas period.

I have spent the past week or so with one of the final test builds of the Sentinel and re-tested most things in my collection, here's some photos of what I ran through this sexy little beast tonight -- Osman, Splatterhouse, Night Slashers, Deathsmiles and Darksoft's ST-V multi.

I haven't run into any issues with any boards and I'm glad this will see release early 2019. I gotta say that @Frank_fjs outdid himself with the quality of the RGB signal out and the new layout, even compared to the already superior quality of the last prototype, this one's even crisper, sharper and the colours pop very nicely. I've had both versions of 'em side-by-side, and trust me, Frank's perfectionism and mastery of his product is well worth the wait.

Photo's on my broken camera phone can't do it much justice. I'm looking forward to seeing people get their hands on this!

sntnl1.JPG
sntnl3.JPG
sntnl5.JPG
sntnl7.JPG

Attachments

• sntnl2.JPG
    sntnl2.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 184
  • sntnl4.JPG
    sntnl4.JPG
    526.8 KB · Views: 192
  • sntnl6.JPG
    sntnl6.JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 257
Hi, I've been following this project since RetroRGB posted about it on his blog. Please add me to the list too. Thanks!

Oooof. Can I please be on the list too?

Back