What's new
I might have missed it somewhere, but what is going to be the asking price for this supergun?

Sweet looking project, btw!

I might have missed it somewhere, but what is going to be the asking price for this supergun?

Sweet looking project, btw!
It's a bit further back, might need to be added to the first post, but I'm not sure it's 100% final yet

Bit of a progress update:

Prototype PCBs have landed in Australia, waiting for them to make their way to me. I don't foresee any problems with the design, I've been through three prototype stages and am confident that all the kinks have been straightened out. Four units will be going out for testing / review, have included RetroRGB in the lineup this time around.

Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have a working unit in hand and begin sending out the review units. From here I'll commence bulk ordering and assembly. I plan on getting the first ten units available for sale before the end of this year, will take a break over the Christmas period and go full steam ahead from mid January next year.

I'm scrapping the older design and solely going with the newer layout, referred to as the gold edition. Aside from the restructured layout, the other significant changes are:

• 4 layer PCB with gold immersion finish.
  • RGBS buffered by THS7374 with switch to toggle the LPF.
  • Dipswitch to toggle buttons 4,5,6 on/off from the jamma edge.
  • 3/4 player controller hat now available as a separate accessory. Includes a pre-built harness for CPS2. Other harnesses are entirely possible however at this stage I won't be making them.
  • 4 x separate video hats available. Composite video and s-video with 3.5mm audio jack, composite video with RCA audio jacks, s-video with RCA audio jacks and VGA with 3.5mm audio jack.
As I'm drawing ever so near to production and sales, I've implemented a quality control system and serial number system. I've also established pricing which is as follows:

SUPERGUN:
  • 1 x assembled supergun
  • 1 x video hat of your choosing (listed below in the 'ACCESSORIES' section)
  • 4 x brass standoff feet
  • 1 x arcade PSU harness
  • Worldwide registered shipping
  • $185 AUD / $135 USD / €120 Euros
* Payment to be made in Australian dollars. Other currencies listed only for reference and may alter pending the exchange rate.

ACCESSORIES:

* No additional shipping charges when purchased with a supergun.

* Spend $75 or more on accessories with the purchase of a supergun and receive a $25 discount.

* Prices listed in Australian dollars.

• Composite and s-video with 3.5mm audio hat - $25
  • Composite video with twin RCA audio hat - $25
  • S-video with twin RCA audio hat - $25
  • VGA with 3.5mm audio hat - $25
  • Sega Mega Drive / Genesis 6 button controller adapter - $25
  • Super Nintendo controller adapter - $25
  • 3P/4P adapter with CPS2 harness - $25
  • CPS1 kick harness - $10
  • CPS2 kick harness - $10

3 player AvP with Mega Drive, Neo-Geo CD and Snes pad.

PART_1545361310618.jpg

Shout out to @xodaraP for hooking me up with an AvP board to make this happen, which I later used for the CPS2 multi. Thanks man. :)

Can I please be added to the list gentlemen? I have my OSSC and my scart switches waiting.

49203237_10216293120093682_6156544682026336256_n.jpg

Mock-up Arcade PSU harness. Will need to grab some white wire but for now I've used blue for -5V as that's all I have on hand.

Will keep it colour coded to standard spec:
  • RED +5V
  • YELLOW +12V
  • WHITE -5V
  • BLACK GROUND
Was speaking with xodaraP about this the other day, I'm having thoughts of ditching the ATX connector but am in two minds about it.

On one hand, it provides more options for power, enables an on/off switch on the supergun and doesn't prohibit the use of a traditional arcade PSU should one desire. Drawback being no adjustsble +5V.

On the other hand, I could free up a ton of space on the supergun PCB by removing the ATX connector and utilising a smaller 6 pin power connector. I could remove the Negatron and on/off switch as they won't be required. People seem to dislike ATX power for arcade boards anyhow.

Not sure what I'll do in the future...

I would remove the ATX connector and install screw terminals.

I was thinking of still using a connector in place of the ATX, just a 6 pin from JST or Molex. I wouldn't mind using the same as HAS if RGB doesn't mind, I really want all superguns to follow a unified standard in relation to connectors, controller inputs and pinouts etc.

Arcade power supplies are cheap and easy.... I would say go for a small 6 pin connector to give yourself more room on the board.

Back