What's new
Is it shipping with the plexi base? That would be somewhat of a relief if so. I still would like a solution for something on the top too (or at the very least partially covering the area with the power connector) but having one on the bottom definitely helps.

Yes plexi bottom base is included.

Please thank @djsheep for it, he organised the plexi bases all off his own back. He grabbed the dimensions from me, then had them fabricated, paid for it all himself and posted them on to me. This community consists of some awesome people. :)

I tried organising something for a top cover but found it too restrictive, it just gets in the way. I'd prefer it to be open and accessible.

Yes plexi bottom base is included.

Please thank @djsheep for it, he organised the plexi bases all off his own back. He grabbed the dimensions from me, then had them fabricated, paid for it all himself and posted them on to me. This community consists of some awesome people. :)

I tried organising something for a top cover but found it too restrictive, it just gets in the way. I'd prefer it to be open and accessible.
look at how raspberry pi cases do it they swivel up so you can access the pi

There is multiple reasons a top plexi won't be made, at least in the short term:

- Access to kick harness connector - this is vertically mounted so will require a large hole in the plexi for access

- Access to switches - some of these are very small so access becomes a problem and they are spread across the board so there will be gaps in the plexi everywhere

- 3P/4P adapter - will require 2 different sized plexis

- S-Video and composite hats - see above

It would be more holes than plexi :P

Is it really needed? That's my first thought.

Kick connector is angled but the rest applies.

Very nice work Frank_jfs!

Looks like we both will have lots of very tedious SMT soldering to do, LOL

You may think the plexi case isn't important, but trust me your customer base and yourself will appreciate it.

With the case it's so much easier and safer to connect and disconnect the supergun (some PCB have a really snug fit), you just grab it by the case, so there's little to no risk you touch the electronics with your fingers. You won't accidentally rip out the smd electrolytic caps when your finger slips or just hurt yourself if your finger hits another PCB module or a sharp corner. Much easier to store and move around, to bring for meetups or tournaments and so on.

Last edited:
PART_1547885163808.jpg

Okay you've convinced me, top cover will be done. Will need to design it and make some cutouts for important to access bits. Will change to clear colourless plexi all round too.

You may think the plexi case isn't important, but trust me your customer base and yourself will appreciate it.

With the case it's so much easier and safer to connect and disconnect the supergun (some PCB have a really snug fit), you just grab it by the case, so there little to no risk you touch the electronics with your fingers. You won't accidentally rip out the smd electrolytic caps when your finger slips or just hurt yourself if your finger hits another PCB module or a sharp corner. Much easier to store and move around, to bring for meetups or tournaments and so on.
It's exactly this for me. I am intending to bring it to all sorts of tournaments/events, and I'm pretty scared about people accidentally damaging it or worse yet hurting themselves somehow when plugging controllers in/out. Regarding the switches/settings, that's something I'd configure ahead of time and likely not mess while I'm out. Not being able to have the hat on is the biggest issue but that's more of a I'll worry about that when it comes to it sort of thing. I just got an HD Retrovision Genesis Component Cable this week to handle most situations when playing outside the house, and I won't need a hat for that.

Oh yes, the above picture is perfect @Frank_fjs! That would suit me perfectly.

edit: If cutting stuff out is on the table, the only thing I'm concerned with cutting around myself is the Composite/S-Video hat. All the switches I can set ahead of time, and the more coverage the better imo. The 4P adapter is the biggest issue but personally if I put that on I'd just forget the plexi at that point since it's not something I'd really use every day. Could the extra video hat rest on TOP of a thinner piece of plexi actually? With some holes cut for the pins of course.

Last edited:
Is the list viewable anywhere? Would like to see where I'm at on it so I can know when to start appropriating funds now that development is in the home stretch!

I agree I would love to see a list of where folks are up inline to purchase?

Back