What's new
Mine the case is intact but a bit dirty and the label is peeling, board inside is as clean as it gets though :D

Yeah mine too, extremely clean that I said this is 100% brand new. I've seen some nasty CPS2 boards before these.

Definitely interested in one of these!

I'm form Melbourne and its really difficult finding a crt with the right inputs for a supergun

I have a cps3 with 3rd strike you're welcome to test on too :)

I'm a CRT snob whore. I won't game unless it's a CRT. Tried Plasma, LCD, OLED and various encoders / scalers etc but it just doesn't feel right.

^ This. My partner often remarks about why I keep old TVs in the house but she does agree they are a hell of a lot more reliable than modern TVs :P

PCBs landed in Australia, NSW today. I'm hoping they reach me by end of week. Australia Post has been really slow of late. :(

Nice surprise, I finished off the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis controller adapter. Excuse my crazy wife and dog noises in the background.

Works with 3 and 6 button pads, automatically detects the connected controller. Pressing 'START' plus 'A' triggers 'COIN'.

I've already designed and ordered the PCBs, they're coming with the supergun and Snes adapter boards.

Might work on Saturn at some point. Anyone know of a source of PCB mount Saturn controller connectors, or do I need to resort to harvesting them from controller extension cables?

How do people feel about the COIN button on a Mega Drive controller? Not having a spare button such as SELECT, like Snes pads, means there's no free button available for it. At this stage I've made COIN available via a combo, START plus A. Forward thinking makes me think this may interfere with future features I may implement or it may interfere with Neo Geo multi carts that use a long press of START to return to the menu.

I can map COIN to the mode button but then this means 3 button Mega Drive pads won't have access to it. Then again, most people would predominantly be using 6 button controllers anyhow wouldn't they?

What do I do? Maybe implement both ways to use COIN. The combo method shouldn't interfere with 161in1 carts as it is only a brief press of start that is required, but if one were to hold start down and press A multiple times to pump in credits it may inadvertently trigger a menu reset.

You could always leave it the way it is with an option for disabling it for those with a coin up button on the Supergun itself

COIN on supergun doesn't cut it for me. When I'm playing I'm lazy and don't want to have to get up! Much more convenient pumping credits via the controller.

I may just assign the 6 button pad MODE button as COIN. This will prevent interference or conflict in certain situations. I think the 6 button pads will be more popular for use in a supergun and those with 3 button pads can use the COIN switch on the supergun itself.

COIN on supergun doesn't cut it for me. When I'm playing I'm lazy and don't want to have to get up! Much more convenient pumping credits via the controller.

I may just assign the 6 button pad MODE button as COIN. This will prevent interference or conflict in certain situations. I think the 6 button pads will be more popular for use in a supergun and those with 3 button pads can use the COIN switch on the supergun itself.
Will be welcomed !

neat little test board for the controller
Thanks! Definitely helped to increase efficiency. Means I can write code, flash, and test immediately without needing to leave my computer or disconnect anything.

Would probably make a handy controller tester too.

Attachments

• 30171280_10214591481473780_1626684109981306749_o.jpg
    30171280_10214591481473780_1626684109981306749_o.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 336
Quick progress update...

PCBs arrived today, I have lots of soldering ahead of me!

We have:

- Supergun
- Video hat
- Snes controller adapters
- Mega Drive controller adapters
- A ZIF programmer board to flash the chips for the controller adapters

Also have some other unrelated gear which Ill mention here but won't go into detail.

- Jamma pass-through boards
- PCE RGB amps
- Sega Master System composite and s-video amp
- Sega Master System switchless 50/60Hz boards

Attachments

• IMG20180726153825.jpg
    IMG20180726153825.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 476
Very nice man! I'm waiting forever for the HAS and I have all these arcade boards I want to play!!!

That being said, if you need or would like a new to the scene guy with a variety of boards and an OSSC to test one of these, I'm your guy. I would even pay for one. It's killing me waiting for the HAS and I'd be happy to take some time and test your stuff, allowing me to play with and write up/take pics of your board in action.

Of course I totally understand wanting the "pros" to do all your testing as well, just saying, I'm available!

Back