What's new
My favourite feature, as it suits my needs and I'm an audio guy.

Mono audio disabled from jamma edge, line level stereo audio fed directly from CPS2 into supergun via 3.5mm to twin RCA audio cable, stereo audio output over scart cable to the awesome speakers in my Bang & Olufsen CRT.

PART_1547801403478.jpg

Not easy to assemble at all! Takes me ages to do all the surface mount stuff.

very nice Frank!

So the 3.5mm jack can also serve as a Stereo input towards the Scart cable, very cool!

How does your Supergun deal with amplified stereo, for example Konami boards with the 4p JST header

Indeed the 3.5mm jack can serve as an input.

It needs to be a line level input. Amplified audio isn't supported and is best handled externally.

Naturally the amplified audio from the jamma edge is safely attenuated.

The audio solution is a step in good direction, I always believed it was the way to go:

29020903278_f9131c22b8.jpg

@Frank_fjs thanks for response re video! PMed you back with some tips.

Last edited:
Is this your audio setup @RGB?

First pic is no audio over DIN, mono audio via 3.5mm of HAS

Second pic is no audio over DIN, stereo audio directly from CPS2 to external amp/speakers

I like how I've handled audio. One can output:

• Jamma mono over scart cable or independently over separate 3.5mm cable.
  • Jamma stereo over scart cable or independently over 3.5mm cable.
  • Feed in a line level input and output stereo audio over scart cable.
You also have the option of disabling audio completely from the supergun and going straight from the game board to where ever you would like, be it an amplifier or speakers.

I'll PM you re the video stuff, it's not handle how you think.

Reactions: RGB
Proud of you @Frank_fjs — I’ve only been there only for the ass end of all your hard work (no homo) and it’s awesome to see it come to fruition and finally available to the masses. Looking forward to seeing people around the world put this to good use.

Aussie, aussie, aussie. Oi Oi Oi ;)

I would be interested in one of these as well, when they're finished and tested.

Thanks.

@Frank_fjs : will I still be able to play fighting games on the
Supergun if I leave the 4 player adapter on?
I don't understand your question?
Not easy to assemble at all! Takes me ages to do all the surface mount stuff.
is it at all possible to buy this in kit form like some previous member commented?
Most definitely!
Thank you! :)

@Frank_fjs the location of the kickharness in adapter on the 3p and 4p just looks a little confusing..

The kick harness connector is on the supergun itself, angled connector on the right hand side. This provides the extra buttons that games like street fighter use (buttons 4,5,6).

The connector on the 4P hat provides all inputs for the third and fourth player. E.g. up, down, left, right, start, coin, button 1...etc

They don't conflict with each other if that's what you're asking.

I don't know of any 4 player 6 button games. :)

Back