What's new
I thought he was harvesting from controller extensions? Seemed that way from a picture I saw, judging by the hot glue spots.

Do you think raphnet-tech.com would be able to help? He has made Saturn adapters before.

I have a feeling aftermarket Saturn PCB mount connectors exist, somewhere. I'm going to message all the Chinese sellers of Nes/Snes connectors and see.

Those Neo-Geo consolised MVS motherboards, don't they have proper Saturn connectors? Same seller, Time Harvest I believe, has superguns which I swear have proper Saturn connectors, unless he's just harvesting extension cables as well.

The connectors have to exist because otherwise how are the extension cables made?

I guess the question is more how many do have to buy to get the connectors by themselves. Whoever produces them would obviously sell them in bulk to the cable producers, or they are made in house as part of the cable production process.

So how many do you have to be willing to purchase to get the connectors before they're stamped into a plastic housing.

Wouldn't the cable connectors be different to PCB mount connectors?

Probably, I missed that bit :P but if they are, again how many are you going to have to buy to make a deal happen?

Not too many people would want PCB mount Saturn connectors (only those companies making controller converters would I'd guess) but you're right someone would definitely be making them

I just need to find them first! No luck yet messaging suppliers.

I'd easily buy 100 without blinking an eye, amounts higher than that I couldn't fund myself.

I've posted a few test units out. Those that are still waiting, please be patient as it takes a few hours to solder one together.

Functionality wise everything is great. Layout aside, I'm really happy with the features offered and the compactness of the board. sg1.jpg

Attachments

• sg2.jpg
    sg2.jpg
    787.3 KB · Views: 220
Received my Sentinel Supergun kit from @Frank_fjs which will get run through its paces over the next couple of weeks.

First impressions -- Great build quality all round with lots of nice little features. Controller adapters for the Mega Drive & SNES are rock solid. The colour output from the Sentinel compared to my Boardmaster are such a phenomenal upgrade.

I was never able to use my Darksoft Neo Geo kit on the Boardmaster due to colour issues, but it works fine on the Sentinel. The issues I was having with Irem M72 are also notwhere near as bad now (need to thoroughly test).

I'm assuming the Boardmaster does very funny things with RGB and probably not safe. Will definitely be gutting the internals out and replacing them with the Sentinel in due time.

I think @xodaraP got his kit today too, will be interested to hear his thoughts. Will post more detailed photos and a review in due time. If there's anything specific anyone here wants me to test, let me know.

Attachments

• sentinel1.JPG
    sentinel1.JPG
    423 KB · Views: 263
  • sentinel2.JPG
    sentinel2.JPG
    395.7 KB · Views: 238
Is your M72 a multi?

Have you used the HAS?

Do you have an OSSC to test with?

Is your M72 a multi?

Have you used the HAS?

Do you have an OSSC to test with?
Yes, my M72 is the multi, but the games play like a genuine board. While it's still connected, I'll run through all the games quickly :)

Haven't used a HAS, it's too expensive to ship to Australia with all the add-ons. The Sentinel is of insane quality visually and works a treat thus far. Can't think of why I'd need anything else at this point honestly.

Don't have a OSSC. Once again, my Framemeister does everything I'd ever want it to, plus I rarely (if ever) would actually choose to play games on a LCD over a CRT, but I will test it thoroughly.

Are both the PVM's hooked up to the Sentinel in that pic?

One looks more washed out than the other.

I'd speculate that the supergun is going to one of the PVMs and the other PVM is chaining off of this. Possible that the secondary PVM isn't being terminated via BNC terminators thus the brighter image, that or the PVMs are calibrated differently.

Are both the PVM's hooked up to the Sentinel in that pic?

One looks more washed out than the other.
They're all daisy chained from one to another and also terminated. I just haven't bothered with the calibration yet. I'd have to set a solid weekend away nerding out for that task. Having 3 PVMs is actually professional nerd moves in itself, there's no real need, but it does add a level of impressiveness when playing :)

I've talked with Frank about a plexi, he's given me dimensions so I'm working on making a test to see how it turns out (there's a plastics place close to me)

It'll be a couple of weeks away at this stage as I'm starting a new job on Monday and I'm focused on a couple of other things but I'll show everyone some ideas once I've run them by Frank and he's ok with the design

Back