What's new

KOarcade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I will be reviewing a cps2 setup today. It is having an issue, by resetting when a match starts in ST. This is not a multi kit. However the game does start, character select screen is fine. However once the match gives controls to the player it just resets. I am going to assume this is due to voltage on the 5v line. Also he is using the cheap 18$ psu, Chinese manufactured one (black casing).

Aside from the voltage levels, would there be any other areas or items to check/ test that many of you would recommend? I have planned to test his ST board with my superguns and A Board. Any advice or previous knowledge of common issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fam.

Random resetting is almost certainly a voltage issue. Just remember every arcade pcb has different demands so it needs to be checked every time the PCB is changed.

Well after some careful reviewing and measuring of voltages. I came to the conclusion the his psu was too low. We adjusted as needed and th board never reset. He is new to this field so I gave him some advice. I also had him understand the importance of a strong and more reliable psu are important. His psu will be fine for a while. However I recommended to him to plan to purchase one in his near future.

Thanks mitz.

Back