CPS2 reset issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CPS2 reset issue

Hi everyone
      I will be reviewing a cps2 setup today. It is having an issue, by resetting when a match starts in ST. This is not a multi kit. However the game does start, character select screen is fine. However once the match gives controls to the player it just resets. I am going to assume this is due to voltage on the 5v line. Also he is using the cheap 18$ psu, Chinese manufactured one (black casing).

Aside from the voltage levels, would there be any other areas or items to check/ test that many of you would recommend? I have planned to test his ST board with my superguns and A Board. Any advice or previous knowledge of common issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fam.
      Thanks and GGs in advance,

Ricardo G.

TEAM KOarcade motto: " GO IN, GO HARD, GO Home A Yo." & " A (w) is a (w), even if it is chuck of cheese."
    • Well after some careful reviewing and measuring of voltages. I came to the conclusion the his psu was too low. We adjusted as needed and th board never reset. He is new to this field so I gave him some advice. I also had him understand the importance of a strong and more reliable psu are important. His psu will be fine for a while. However I recommended to him to plan to purchase one in his near future.

Thanks mitz.
      Thanks and GGs in advance,

Ricardo G.

TEAM KOarcade motto: " GO IN, GO HARD, GO Home A Yo." & " A (w) is a (w), even if it is chuck of cheese."