What's new
The real issue is going to be getting that 60pin connector. Taito has the pcb adapter.... I think I'm going to go JAMMA kit and Capcom IO because I have all the parts right now and I hate DIMMs anyway.

Good pick @jassin000
Screw netbooting and have ‘someone’ make a proper Naomi multicart!

I could run Naomi + dimm on 1 psu in my NNC, but sold of the dimm anyway as it sucked big time, back to carts for now :)

@jassin000
If you're still after the adaptor/cable, give RoZioN a PM over on AO and see if he's still got one spare (not sure if he'd part it out from the Fast I/O though)

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?p=487677#p487677

Failing that, I might have one spare. Just trying to work out if i'll ever find a use for it!
IMG_2182.jpg

It's not the adapter PCB that I'll be struggling to find, Taito has them in stock.
It's the 60pin Sega "CN3" female to female cable I'd need to link the adapter to a Type 1 Sega JVS IO.

The real disappointment is Taito is out of JAMMA Kits, and Yugo says at this time it's out of production.

I don't have any hardware that uses 60pin cables, but from the photos it looks like standard 0.100" pitch IDC headers with ribbon cables would be compatible? They wouldn't work with the clip locks, but thats okay. Can order just about any idc cable configuration from DigiKey as part of their 'value added' products. (value added products are built to order, ie they will make a cable to length with connectors you specify)

@brizzo thanks! Yea that seems like something I should look into.

My good friend @cpsystem3 asked @MetalliC to take a look at CvS2 (as its the only Capcom Naomi game suffering from this issue, MvC2 and CvS1/1-Pro are AOK).
I hope a patch could be found/made, I would happily donate Paypal funds. :)

So strange it only report 11 buttons?
How much did the earlier revision JVS IO’s report?

How much did the earlier revision JVS IO’s report?
We've tested both versions of the Taito Vewlix JVS IO (the classic found in the F/C types and the new one with the L branding).
While the version and date are different, the bits reported are both 11 (when they should be 12).

KzhJ5vi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
proper solution will be fix this JVS IO firmware.
is there was any attempts to dump it ? Renesas HD64F2138 datasheet didn't mention any security fuses.

but from the photos it looks like standard 0.100" pitch IDC headers with ribbon cables would be compatible? They wouldn't work with the clip locks, but thats okay
IIRC you'll need to trim down IDC connectors to fit and the pin shape isn't 100% correct either. (pins on these headers are wide and flat, not square)

the proper connectors are JST RA series. http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eRA1.pdf

proper solution will be fix this JVS IO firmware.
is there was any attempts to dump it ? Renesas HD64F2138 datasheet didn't mention any security fuses.
I'll donate one of the old JVS io if anyone wants to find a way to dump and reflash it?

I'll donate one of the old JVS io if anyone wants to find a way to dump and reflash it?
Can you post a quality photo of the MCU on the io board so we can see the full part number? Then I can answer if its a flashable part or not :)

Back