What's new
Better yet, I wonder if the the scaler can be upgraded
It can! Only they call it a OSSC. *snicker* :D

Seriously tho, with a simple piece of sheet metal you can de-case the OSSC and mount it inside where the official scaler go's no problem.
What you'll find frustrating is the Vewlix family of LCDs don't play nice with OSSC's output, so that VP30/50/50Pro is pretty much mandatory as well. :huh:

Where do you cleanly store that DVDO monster inside the Vewlix?
Best method/place I found was a old CRT monitor stand at the bottom of the cab with the iScan on-top of that. :/
GzwzPZi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be worth looking into making copies of those.
Still hoping to find one at not crazy prices in order to see about this. I've had a WTBuy/Borrow thread up for a bit.
@Derick2k I'm not sure about upgrading, but there's little standing in the way of outright replacing it with something else! OSSC or something.
If you do, probably worth looking into making a version with a 24-pin ATX connector instead of JVS, along with a socketed Negatron, volume pot, and scaler power, then cover it all Techflex or wiring cloth. Probably keep the video on a JST connector to keep people from plugging TTL into VGA, but offer a dongle for scalers with a VGA input that takes TTL video. Looking at the Taito Vewlix JAMMA schematic, the power leads seems under-specced unless they're running some beefy wire gauge in there, plus I don't think there's any ferrite beads in there either. If the JAMMA bridge board gets remade, might as well remake the Taito-Sega bridge and associated ribbon cable as well.

I think the official lower wood insert and associated hardware may be NLA as well? Having that would be nice for surface mounting a FlexATX PSU. Same for making a bracket and power dongle for an OSSC to go in the official scaler location in place of the official scaler.

What you'll find frustrating is the Vewlix family of LCDs don't play nice with OSSC's output, so that VP30/50/50Pro is pretty much mandatory as well. :huh:
Are the current 1080p panels any better? I think the Wei-Ya ACV-011 may be a more or less direct replacement for the official scaler and is a true linedoubler?

Last edited:
might as well remake the Taito-Sega bridge and associated ribbon cable as well.
Already looked into that. There's no point in this one. They're brand new from Taito for under $30 and still available as of a month back.

Found another oddity on the the board I'm borrowing from @Derick2k

vewlix k91x1097b - j9100593A values.JPG

This board is marked "K91X1097B" and "J9100593A" on the silk.

R16 is the terminating resistor, while R17 and R15 are the biasing resistors - if I got it right. The terminating resistor should be 120, and the biasing ~1k. Could be a BOM error, or an assembly glitch.

What is also interesting is that the old K91X1097B is made in Taiwan while the new K9101262B is made in Japan.

So I was reminded of this topic recently when someone else ran into this JVS IO button bug in another thread.

It prompted me to check which revision my Taito JVS IO was and when looking at the JVS Page on the AO Wiki I noticed this:
Taito JVS-AMP PCB Ver2.00
  • Came with Taito X2 kits, and is tailor made for for use in Egret 3 / Atomiswave SD cabs.
  • Has a built in stereo amplifier
  • Marked 'K91X1025F'
  • Depending on JP2, Header B will function either as input for extra buttons 6-9, or 8 General Outputs. It's a 14 pin JST_NH connector.
I wonder if they just re-used the firmware from the older Egret 3 JVS IO boards and the reason they only report 5-buttons per player is because it thinks the jumper isn't set properly?

Thank you @jassin000 for fixing link for patched cvs2 2k1 up there but i think the file from that link is cvs 2k not cvs2 2k1.

If you have chance, hope you can fix it. Thank you!

I updated the link on page 5, it was broken when I shut down my personal FTP.

So I was reminded of this topic recently when someone else ran into this JVS IO button bug in another thread.

It prompted me to check which revision my Taito JVS IO was and when looking at the JVS Page on the AO Wiki I noticed this:
  • Came with Taito X2 kits, and is tailor made for for use in Egret 3 / Atomiswave SD cabs.
  • Marked 'K91X1025F'
  • Depending on JP2, Header B will function either as input for extra buttons 6-9, or 8 General Outputs. It's a 14 pin JST_NH connector.
I wonder if they just re-used the firmware from the older Egret 3 JVS IO boards and the reason they only report 5-buttons per player is because it thinks the jumper isn't set properly?
Maybe it's the same problem Fast IO K91X1243 boards have?

• Marked 'K91X1025F'
I wonder if they just re-used the firmware from the older Egret 3 JVS IO boards and the reason they only report 5-buttons per player is because it thinks the jumper isn't set properly
The 60pin connector supports 8 buttons per player, not sure if they are wire up/connected, havent look at the pcb to trace it out. But it would be cool if you could make the firmware on this IO report/work with up to 8 buttons per player. Would be useful for mame/modern consoles use and also with the JVSPAC2. Im sure the hardware is wired/can handle it, but its just a firmware limit.

@brizzo I know you are super busy bro, but did you ever dig further into this io?

The 60pin connector supports 8 buttons per player, not sure if they are wire up/connected, havent look at the pcb to trace it out. But it would be cool if you could make the firmware on this IO report/work with up to 8 buttons per player. Would be useful for mame/modern consoles use and also with the JVSPAC2. Im sure the hardware is wired/can handle it, but its just a firmware limit.

@brizzo I know you are super busy bro, but did you ever dig further into this io?
The Vewlix IO indeed supports 8 buttons, and is supported by the JVS-PAC 2 regardless of number of buttons it reports.

The Vewlix IO indeed supports 8 buttons, and is supported by the JVS-PAC 2 regardless of number of buttons it reports.
Sweet, so its its an issue between certain games and the io at that point if they play nice :)

so its its an issue between certain games and the io at that point if they play nice
What I've always said D bro... The Taito IO sux from the standpoint it miss-reports the button count for some odd reason. ?(

That's why I needed to donate in @MetalliC 's name get a JVS patched Capcom vs SNK 2!
Its one of my fave Naomi games, but it refuses to boot if the IO reports anything less than 14 total.

I was hoping @brizzo would eventually figure out how to correct/patch the JVS IO firmware, so we could stop patching Naomi games with this requirement...
Thing is, as I was testing... I sorta found that yea, CvS2 is basically the ONLY one.
So taking it further at this point seems silly. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like the closest themed thread for my question:

Does anyone know which Taito JVS board supports "general purpose switches" inputs?
That's same digital inputs like player buttons, but reported in different category.

Command 0x14 (get slave features) should report them under feature code 0x07
and then you use command 0x26 to read them.

I have here a piece of SQEX s**tware, that expects to use a board with these capatibilities.
A board like this should come with LoV4 LiveView aka Terminal aka "Main" cabinet, the one that let's you download play vids and sells starterpacks.

Attachments

• LOV4_Terminal.jpg
    LOV4_Terminal.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Hi guys where can get that Taito IO/Board or this one k91x1097c?

Hi guys where can get that Taito IO/Board or this one k91x1097c?
OVS <OVS@taito.co.jp> will sell them to you directly next time they run a batch. Be prepared to wire-transfer the funds and pay for expensive/quick EMS shipping, but at least you can get one. There's a group-buy thread for europe users of arcade-otaku, to save everyone on shipping, if you want to check that forum out. They won't send one to you though... but maybe a USA group buy will develop from that thread.

Does anyone know which Taito JVS board supports "general purpose switches" inputs?

That's same digital inputs like player buttons, but reported in different category.

Command 0x14 (get slave features) should report them under feature code 0x07
and then you use command 0x26 to read them.
Replying to my own question:

The board is K91X1245A(J9100641A)
A special type of JVS board

Attachments

• LordofVermilion Terminal IO JVS.jpg
    LordofVermilion Terminal IO JVS.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 411
Nice. Have you been able to play around with these? Whats the purpose of the SD card? Is it for updating the firmware or setting up additional features?
Not arrived yet.
But SD is not used, at least in LoV terminal.
Also USB/IO board, shipped with DISSIDIA (PS4), has this SD card slot, also not used.
So no idea what is the purpose of that.

Same (hardware wise) boards also can have different firmware.
Like Dissidia and SF V are the same, but firmware differes - not interchangeable.

Like it was with FastIO. All that K91X1243A, K91X1243B, K91X1243C, K91X1234, K911252A are actually the same board (J9100633A), and while all them can handle 1L6B or 2L12B, only 1234 can work with analog joysticks (Gunslinger joystics on the back of the pistols) and only 1252A can handle FastIO-hub (GrooveCoaster)

Back