What's new
@brizzo Did you get the I/O I sent ya? Also, you needed donations to build an inteface board or something??

50% of the funding to begin the project has been transferred today, the remaining 50% is slated for next week.
I encourage any/all Vewlix owners to get involved by PM'n @brizzo and donating what you can.

I'm hopeful together we can correct Taito's JVS mistake. :thumbup:

@Derick2k thank you for providing the version 1 Vewlix IO, I'm a little concerned we should also provide a version 2 IO however.
As I've already promised mine to @cpsystem3 I may need to get another (hopefully not, it was 280$ shipped). :/

50% of the funding to begin the project has been transferred today, the remaining 50% is slated for next week.
I encourage any/all Vewlix owners to get involved by PM'n @brizzo and donating what you can.

I'm hopeful together we can correct Taito's JVS mistake. :thumbup:

@Derick2k thank you for providing the version 1 Vewlix IO, I'm a little concerned we should also provide a version 2 IO however.
As I've already promised mine to @cpsystem3 I may need to get another (hopefully not, it was 280$ shipped). :/
Thanks for the donation J :thumbup:

Ok, so @brizzo should now hopefully what he needs.

I agree that we should also dump the Ver. 2.0 IO, maybe @cpsystem3 can do it ;)

PCB adapter required to dump the mcu has been ordered, will be here sometime before the end of the month

Where can we get the patch?
you may send some donation to DU instead, and add comment it was for MetalliC's work or smth like that.

patch is:
Code:
offset new_value old_value
00001AAA: 0B 0C
00001AD4: 0B 0C
00001B10: 0B 0C
this patch is for "World" CvS2 version, (GDL-0008)
@MetalliC released his JVS patch information for CvS2 to us today!
If you find his work useful/beneficial, please show your support by making a donation to the Dumping Union in his name.

Capcom vs. SNK 2 "010804" (GDL-0008D) JVS patched *.bin can be found here.
uyecyXG.jpg

1DOgS7q.jpg

TAuVUR7.jpg

With this patch, CvS2 is completely playable/functional with both versions (1.00/2.00) of the Taito Vewlix JVS IO.

A very special thanks to @cpsystem3 for his assistance in this solution, you sooo rock! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on customs to release the pcb package, been there since Sunday. Been a long time since they held onto anything for more than a day or two. Guessing Prime Day has something to do with it

So @MetalliC patch information above is for CvS2 GDL-0008, however I found the same values at the same offsets in GDL-008D.

*Post #91 updated with download link.*

008D is the last known revision of the game, so to me personally it is the most desirable version.
Your opinion may vary. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
@jassin000
a bit of background - there is 2 (so far) known versions of CvS2 -
Capcom vs SNK 2 Millionaire Fighting 2001 (GDL-0007A) - most common version for Japan
Capcom vs SNK 2 Mark Of The Millennium 2001 (GDL-0008) - less common / rare Export version, you may find it's decrypted binary in usual topic, it called there "Capcom vs SNK 2 Mark Of The Millennium 2001 (Latest version)"

PS: thanks for donations!

Last edited:
bonus part :D :

CvS2 debug mode
Code:
offset new_value old_value
0001A9A8: 43 00
0001A9A9: 60 E0

with this applied you'll get new char/groove/stage select screen (and maybe some more, I didn't checked if this does more things)
cv2debug.png

and may play at debug stage
cv2debug1.png

Last edited:
My goal here was to have a cab that was official/wasn't all hacked to shit inside.
It seems in order to play all the games I care about this is simply unavoidable.
To that end, what Sega parts would need to be acquired, other than the K91X1207B/J9100635A PCB, to replace the now-discontinued Z9351080A Vewlix Jamma Kit? Is it even possible to order a new Sega (Lindbergh?) JAMMA harness?

Speaking of the official Taito JAMMA kit, I do wonder why it got discontinued. Possible scaler board revision? Wonder if it's possible to order just the harness, volume pot, and bridge board from Taito now. Might be worth looking into making copies of those. Anything special about that official Taito JVS power supply and/or scaler card that can't be easily replaced?

Last edited:
Better yet, I wonder if the the scaler can be upgraded to have better compatibility/support for other boards. Maybe support 24khz boards.

Might be worth looking into making copies of those.
Still hoping to find one at not crazy prices in order to see about this. I've had a WTBuy/Borrow thread up for a bit.

@Derick2k I'm not sure about upgrading, but there's little standing in the way of outright replacing it with something else! OSSC or something.

Back