What's new

flynn2000

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im a new member here and need some help. I just got a Sega Blast City that uses a Nanao MS-2931 monitor. This monitor uses a 3 button control for the on screen display adjustment, but the mode button does nothing, even if I hold it down. The only button that does anything is the up button. If I hold that down for about 4 seconds, the words MODE and EXTENTION come up on the screen, but that's it, nothing else happens.

Is there something I'm missing? I want to get a good screen adjustment before I pull the machine apart to clean it out and maybe try to adjust the convergence. Thank you if someone can help me with this. :)

Are the switches actually working, do they feel clicky, can you measure the continuity with a multi meter?

20180620_170720 d.jpgThanks for the advice PascalP. I got out my multi meter and was looking to see how I could access the back of the OSD to check it, when I noticed the wires I thought might be from it connecting to the chassis. Up close they looked strange, and under light I can see that the wires have been pinched between something and at least one is severed. I guess I will have to splice the wires back together, but I think this should solve the problem.

Back