Glorious Irem M72 multi

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I had the same problem with different SONY and Samsung and Brandt TVs (both CRT and LCD) I was missing the score bar on IREM M72 and M92 boards.
      I had to adjust my SONY CRT and make it IREM boards only screen since, so no need to fine tune it every time.
      I had to go through the TV's service mode.
      My advice is that you have to adjust the screen you are using even if the screen usually accepts 15hz boards. Those IREM boards have a weired signal.
      Your board is fine :)
    • As said by several persons, that's absolutely normal on M72. You can see the bottom of the image is cut on the pictures I've posted here since my supergun is connected to a TV I use with many other boards so isn't tuned for M72. In my cabinet I have to adjust V-size and V-pos, 2mn job, the pots are easily accessible in my case and chassis being 100% analog it takes about anything 15k (from as low as 45Hz and as high as 65Hz).
      Looking for:
      - Sega Super Scaler hardware (Out Run, Model X, Model Y), not working (even with faulty PCM chip)

"I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • kebrank wrote:

A few things...

- It's not my board. It was sold by a good friend or mine. He told you the same thing that everybody has told you here before, but you keep thinking there is something wrong with the board. Just two posts above this one... ""I will try all of these sets and want to make sure the score bar is not corrupt on this board." So yes, you keep ignoring people's advice.
      - HAS is a supergun, there are no timings on it, no image processing, nothing. Xtrasmiley is talking about the OSSC. The OSSC is the image processor (scan converter).
      - You may want to create your own thread to get help with your setup.

\o/.k.

hoagtech wrote:

I am not ignoring anyone's advice. I am trying to find a setting either on my TV or my OSSC that will do that.

I have not whined or made accusations. I am just problem solving. I tried the settings you mentioned and they didn't solve it. That doesn't make me ignorant.

I never said your board didn't work. I am new to arcade and never came across this issue.

Not being to find my setting right away doesn't make my TV suck.

Back to the issue: this is what Xtra smiley did to unmask his vertical:
      ----------------------------------------
      Irem M72 : Dragon Breed =

HAS=TTL, OSSC=Pre/Post Coast 1, 3x mode looks best as it doesn't cut off top or bottom but is 720p and 5x mode is 1080p, however the top and bottom are cut off. Also, bottom layer of this games screen is cut off (score, lives, time layer) at the default settings. To see it you have to adjust the settings under Advance Timing Tweaker. I set Vertical Sync Length to 6, Vertical Backporch Length to 30, and Vertical Active Length to 240. This allows you to see the full bottom line information and graphics, however the top is now cut off a bit. You could cut back on my settings to see the numbers, giving up a little bit of the graphics but gaining back the top line. Your call how you rock this.
      -----------------------------------------

Do I need a HAS to be able to edit timings or is this done through OSSC?

I was told it was my TV so I am trying other TVs... How is that ignoring advice?

I am doing exactly what was recommended. You saying my TV sucks is insulting. I am trying all advice and don't appreciate you resorting to insults before I have a chance to fully troubleshoot.

Does that make sense to you Kebrank?
    • hoagtech wrote:

kebrank wrote:

A few things...

- It's not my board. It was sold by a good friend or mine. He told you the same thing that everybody has told you here before, but you keep thinking there is something wrong with the board. Just two posts above this one... ""I will try all of these sets and want to make sure the score bar is not corrupt on this board." So yes, you keep ignoring people's advice.
      - HAS is a supergun, there are no timings on it, no image processing, nothing. Xtrasmiley is talking about the OSSC. The OSSC is the image processor (scan converter).

\o/.k.

hoagtech wrote:

I am not ignoring anyone's advice. I am trying to find a setting either on my TV or my OSSC that will do that.

I have not whined or made accusations. I am just problem solving. I tried the settings you mentioned and they didn't solve it. That doesn't make me ignorant.

I never said your board didn't work. I am new to arcade and never came across this issue.

HAS=TTL, OSSC=Pre/Post Coast 1, 3x mode looks best as it doesn't cut off top or bottom but is 720p and 5x mode is 1080p, however the top and bottom are cut off. Also, bottom layer of this games screen is cut off (score, lives, time layer) at the default settings. To see it you have to adjust the settings under Advance Timing Tweaker. I set Vertical Sync Length to 6, Vertical Backporch Length to 30, and Vertical Active Length to 240. This allows you to see the full bottom line information and graphics, however the top is now cut off a bit. You could cut back on my settings to see the numbers, giving up a little bit of the graphics but gaining back the top line. Your call how you rock this.

I was told it was my TV so I am trying other TVs... How is that ignoring advice?
      I am doing exactly what was recommended. You saying my TV sucks is insulting. I am trying all advice and don't appreciate you resorting to insults before I have a chance to fully troubleshoot.

I wouldn't get too offended about being told your TV sucks. It's not really a personal attack on you. A lot of people have Wei Ya Egret 3 monitors (for example). Those suck and the owners know it. Doesn't mean the owner sucks ;)
    • I agree 100% with fuzzbuddy. I have an Egret 3 with a Wei Ya monitor and it has the same issue with Irem boards, it's a terrible monitor.
      Hoagtech:

You win, I'm now convinced that all my Irem boards suffer from the score bar corruption. There has to be a fix for this issue. We are all wrong !!! The earth is flat !!!

\o/.k.

hoagtech wrote:

kebrank wrote:

A few things...

\o/.k.

hoagtech wrote:

• My apologies moderators. I never wanted drama.

I did solve my issue displaying the score bar and there is nothing wrong with this board to my knowledge.

Special thanks to Xtrasmiley, Xyga, and Maxtherabbit for showing me how to adjust the display area through OSSC.

I cannot display the full image but for the Xmultiply board I can recommend these sampling options Xtrasmiley.

Go to on OSSC:

SAMPLING OPTIONS>

ADV. TIMING 240P>

V SYNCLEN 6>

V BACKPORCH 30>

V ACTIVE 240.

Presto.

• stt1 wrote:

Slightly off-topic:

Don't know what is the case with this one, but some cabs have 31kHz CRTs.

I have one NOS 31kHz ~21" CRT, it's apparently for arcade use (lacking all casing and has frame for attaching to cab). Bought it as broken, but after a short test I noted that it's 31kHz only and with valid source it works perfectly. Considering OSSC with it... Even better would be finding tri-sync chassis for it. But it's uncommon (at least here) Videocolor-brand CRT, so OSSC might be better/easier.

Videocolor is just the manufacturer of the tube. Videocolor tubes are super common in Europe. Most Finluxes (a Finnish TV brand) had Videocolor tubes inside them.

Anyway, a Wei-Ya chassis could work with the yoke. I can loan you a LCR meter if you want to measure the yoke.

OSSC is mostly designed for flat panels with digital inputs. @invzim from these forums is working on his own scaler, which could be perfect for the job. Not sure what's the ETA on it.
    • Guys please pay attention to your PMs. I sent 6 payment requests a few days ago and only one has replied to it. I'm only doing a few at a time so the quicker you reply the quicker the next person in line will get contacted. I'm sorry for the delay while I waited for more parts. If you need to pass for now then please respond and tell me so.

I've got 13 more ready to ship right now. Ten more blanks to assemble and then I will need to order more pcbs. ;)

• Mitsurugi-w wrote:

Guys please pay attention to your PMs. I sent 6 payment requests a few days ago and only one has replied to it. I'm only doing a few at a time so the quicker you reply the quicker the next person in line will get contacted. I'm sorry for the delay while I waited for more parts. If you need to pass for now then please respond and tell me so.

I've got 13 more ready to ship right now. Ten more blanks to assemble and then I will need to order more pcbs. ;)
      My body is ready. Thanks for all your work on this, you guys who made this possible and this community is amazing.