What's new

BroadwayJose

Professional
Reaction score
I just purchased a TTT pcb and realized after the fact that there's 5 buttons for this game (2x punch, 2x kick, 1x tag). How exactly is that handled in a JAMMA setup? I see in pictures that there's an additional spot on the pcb for what looks like an edge connector. Is that there for a "kick" harness, similar to how Capcom 6 buttons game operate? If so, how difficult is it to obtain or make one of these? Did a quick search and found none for sale, just the harness.

I'm trying to learn all that I can about this board for now, so I wasn't sure if it was worth throwing this out in the Wanted section. I have no idea how common this type of harness is, assuming I even need one for the extra buttons. Is it possible to utilize the standard JAMMA pinout to account for buttons 4 & 5 for this game? Any other alternatives I could consider to make these extra buttons work?

Wow, this would be perfect! I reached out to him. Thanks for the heads up!

I have one of those adapters, they're really nice.

Just an FYI the Tekken games have their buttons mapped in a way that plays nice with an existing 6-button panel

Since Tekken is 2 buttons on top row, 2 buttons on bottom row. Buttons 1 and 2 are JAMMA connector and buttons 3 and 4 are actually mapped to 4 and 5 on the kick connector respectively.

This means that as long as you have the right kick connector it just just mapps properly to your panel without having to swap any buttons around.

With Tekken Tag I believe Tag becomes button 3 so it would be on the JAMMA edge.

Awesome. Got my board so I'm just waiting for my adapter to arrive. Thanks for the info!

I am having this exact same issue and have reached out to xianxi too.

But I wanted to ask you guys for some help if possible, based on the photos attached,
which is my kick harness that I would need to plug into the cpsx adapter from xianxi? As my blast city can had 6 buttons wired in when I got it.
I was thinking this might not be a regular cps harness, as there is no connector on the left most port under the control panel.

Please help me out any way you can! :)

Thanks

Attachments

• 20180629_215825.jpg
    20180629_215825.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 446
  • 20180629_215935.jpg
    20180629_215935.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 394
  • 20180629_215957.jpg
    20180629_215957.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 403
  • 20180629_220014.jpg
    20180629_220014.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 384
  • rsz_20180629_215927.jpg
    rsz_20180629_215927.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 423
It uses a CPS2/3 kick harness that would be plugged directly into the pcb if you have a cps2 or 3 system in your cab now.

Sorry, I'm pretty new to this - so from the photos I have posted, how do my buttons 4 5 6 appear to be wired in?

Does it look like I could use a cps to Namco adapter, or would I need to change the wiring in some way to get buttons 4 5 6 working on a Namco system 12 board?

Thanks a lot in advance

What kind of pcb are you using right now? Is your cab wired JVS or JAMMA?

From what I can tell its wired for jamma,
But the kick buttons appear to be wired in with the regular buttons, rather than on a separate harness or adapter.

Can I simply use a cps kick harness in the cn8 slot on the io board at the same time, without having to rewire how the 4 5 6 buttons currently connect, or would something like that just not work?

Sorry if I am not making a lot of sense, trying to get my head around a lot of this!

Thanks Pascal, I've been looking at those charts, but struggling to make head of tail of it compared to my setup

Can I simply use a cps kick harness in the cn8 slot on the io board at the same time, without having to rewire how the 4 5 6 buttons currently connect, or would something like that just not work?
The way the Blast is wired all buttons for both players go into Blast-City specific connectors inside the control panel Box, these are then routed down to the "I/O" board in the PCB area. Your JAMMA harness connects to is board, and your "kick harness" will connect to this board, assuming all 6 buttons are wired and working in your control panel you shouldn't need to touch any of the wiring on that part of your cab.

Do you play any 6-buton games on this cabinet currently such as Street Fighter II or other similar 6-button games?

Hi twisted symphony,

Jamma 6 button games seem to work fine, the issue I am having is that the Namco board requires a separate connection to get buttons 4 5 6 working.

I was wondering if there was anywhere obvious I could run a kick harness from with a cps2 to Namco converter from xianxi.

Jamma 6 button games
JAMMA only officially supports 3 buttons, there's room for up to 5 buttons. There is no such thing as a JAMMA game that has all 6 buttons on the JAMMA harness.

The reason I'm asking, and the reason Mitsu asked is because if we know which SPECIFIC game hardware you've played with 6-buttons we can tell you if the connections are compatible with Tekken.

Sorry, as I say I'm very new to this. When I purchased the machine, it came with a blue elf and pandoras box, so those both work with 6 buttons with the harness plugged directly in with no further adapters or harnesses.

Sorry that I was unclear before.

Yes, this is exactly what you want to do. Connect the kickharness from the PCB to CN8 on the IO board and you have buttons 4, 5 & 6 for both P1 and P2 on the auxiliary controller connector under the CP.

blue elf and pandoras box
Those use a non-standard JAMMA pinout known as "ChAMMA" (for Chinese-JAMMA) with all 6-buttons on the JAMMA connector. You will likely need to fix this wiring when swapping to a normal JAMMA board since button 6 on the ChAMMA pinout is a GROUND on the JAMMA pinout and you'll end up with button 6 stuck on.

Thanks nem and twisted, think I am getting a better idea of what I need to do now - thank you for your advice

Back