What's new

Misakisute

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everybody
Because I am stuck, I want someone to tell me.
I purchased Gunslinger Stratos ΣHowever, I am in trouble because I / O error does not work
I am about to play with FASTI/O and TypeX3 and Power supply(12V 5V GND GND)
However, it stops at error 10000003(I am sorry that the image is 10000002)
Please tell me about this error
Lack of parts? Power shortage?
I want to know if there are other causes
Thank you for your consideration.

Attachments

• DfuU2QeVAAAWXJU.jpg
    DfuU2QeVAAAWXJU.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 429
  • DfuU2QdUcAI2YIG.jpg
    DfuU2QdUcAI2YIG.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 447
Welcome!

Gotta ask our resident Taito Type X experts @Niko @corey what they think is going on here.

In the meantime, can you post more pics of how you hooked up everything/all parts.

I could be wrong I was under the impression that GSS was only compatible with a specific Fast IO board.

I've recently started picking up equipment to build a setup myself So far I've picked up a set of Guns, the Gun boards and the IO board; still looking for an X3 with the game.

Just speculation but the guns have analog sticks in them as well, which the game might attempt to self-calibrate on boot, so if it's not seeing an analog signal from the sticks it could throw an error.

it would probably help to know what the actual error text reads.

Thank you for reply!
Add an image of the connected state.
Gun device (gun controller) and JVS (NESiCA card reader) and infrared device are not connected
I connect 24 V of power supply at 12 V
LED 5 is blinking.
If there is any other necessary information, I will indicate it
Thank you for your consideration!

Attachments

• IMG_2858.JPG
    IMG_2858.JPG
    523.3 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2859.JPG
    IMG_2859.JPG
    732.8 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_2855.JPG
    IMG_2855.JPG
    754.3 KB · Views: 440
It will not boot without the card reader connected to the JVS port, so I think it also will not boot with the guns etc not connected

I've recently started picking up equipment to build a setup myself So far I've picked up a set of Guns, the Gun boards and the IO board; still looking for an X3 with the game.
Well, well :thumbsup: pm me later about the setup :D
All the parts for a complete setup are on the way, just waiting for it to get here. I think the led array around the monitor is the same that Sega uses (meaning its made by the same company OMHIC or whatever they are called)
Gun device (gun controller) and JVS (NESiCA card reader) and infrared device are not connected
Besides probably needing a Nesica workaround, you will most likely need the Guns, Gun controller boards, Nesica card reader and the infrared array, etc..

Last edited:
If the IR guns work the same way that they do on older Sega equipment (and they look like they do), then there's really no way for the game to know if the gun boards/IR array are connected... they way they communicate is one way, similar to buttons or joysticks; there's no way for the game to determine if they're hooked up since the signal received when they're disconnected is within the realm of valid signals when they are connected.

If the IR guns work the same way that they do on older Sega equipment (and they look like they do), then there's really no way for the game to know if the gun boards/IR array are connected... they way they communicate is one way, similar to buttons or joysticks; there's no way for the game to determine if they're hooked up since the signal received when they're disconnected is within the realm of valid signals when they are connected.
Have to get the gun boards in hand, but from the pics I saw they look like the same design.

For the OP, without the guns/gunboards, etc..he wont be able to play the game, might get it to boot though with card reader added.

Last edited:
what little I can read of the error message it does reference the "I/O Board", which leads me to believe that it's either complaining about IO board compatibility or something not plugged into the IO board such as the card readers.

Thanks to everyone for replying
I will purchase the NESiCA card reader because it is available at the Yahoo Japan auction.
I will describe the result of connecting it here.
If it does not work it thinks that a board for the gun controller is also necessary.

Thank you very much for valuable opinions.

I have some spare readers in hand and will have four cabs towards early August if you're still having trouble with this

36114312_2030221123654676_6956757162978705408_n.jpg

36087568_2030221133654675_4255427620914593792_n.jpg

If you're interested, I can look up what these cost me. I haven't really found a use for them just yet

Good evening everyone

Since the card reader arrived, I connected and checked startup.
Existing errors no longer exist.
However, there was an error that there was no 2D sensor as a new error.

If you know more about this error please let me know.

Attachments

• DgsHuWPUwAE05Of.jpg
    DgsHuWPUwAE05Of.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 284
  • DgsHuV-U8AEae7A.jpg
    DgsHuV-U8AEae7A.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 280
  • DgsHuV9UEAEDZj7.jpg
    DgsHuV9UEAEDZj7.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 277
Is the gun io connected?
Gun device and gun device board are not connected
Also, the infrared sensor attached to the monitor is not connected
Only the Fast I / O + card reader is connected

Then I would say the ‘2D sensor’ is part of the gun io and sensors ;)

I am also suspecting that it is an error caused by a gun device or an infrared sensor
Because there is no means of obtaining, it can not be confirmed any more.

I am also suspecting that it is an error caused by a gun device or an infrared sensorBecause there is no means of obtaining, it can not be confirmed any more.
You'll need the following also:

i-img640x480-15261757353fg3ok212961.jpg
i-img640x480-1528678238fl7nwt176849.jpg
i-img640x480-1526174406wd8arf210739.jpg

I doubt this game will be playable without the guns/io boards,etc.

Back