What's new
I'm still trying to figure out what they changed that makes it need 2 gun boards. the older boards supported 2 guns on one board.

I'm still trying to figure out what they changed that makes it need 2 gun boards. the older boards supported 2 guns on one board.
Dont know but may be to do with the additional controls on the guns, each has a joystick, one has additional button, and then you have the 2 interconnects options with the guns. But you are correct, not really sure why they went with 2 gun boards, maybe it has to do with the way they use the Fast IO?

Are these gun boards something standart (used in other games), or they are game specific?

I have got X3 & guns.
I also have matching FastIO board (original game seller had exact same model I already have).

Looks like now I shoud hunt for gun boards and think how to make a led array.

Are these gun boards something standart (used in other games), or they are game specific?

I have got X3 & guns.
I also have matching FastIO board (original game seller had exact same model I already have).

Looks like now I shoud hunt for gun boards and think how to make a led array.
Most are game specific. Although some could be used in other games.

You need these, you need 1 board per gun, so this would take care of both guns for you.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m299318230

These boards were used in the Elevator Action TTX2 game.

Search for OMC-GZH200HF

Last edited:
I have everything I know about these boards here: Lets Talk about GunSlinger Stratos Hardware!

the older Sega games use the same basic gun board but those boards produce a parallels/analog output on the "OUT" connector.

the newer GSS and Elevator Action boards connect to the main board via a serial connection on CN4.

GSS gets it's position data over 2 separate serial ports connections (1 from each board) while it's clear that Elevator Action only uses 1 board and 1 serial connection.

it might be possible to have 2x Elevator action gun board and have them work like the GSS setup, (assuming the serial output is the same), or develop an device to analyze the serial data and split it into two serial connections to make a single board work... but yeah, you're best off just buying the proper GSS PCBs.

Was looking at mentioned Elevator action board
buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/n311309978

Why would 1 board sell for ¥25667
When these 2 boards were ¥10000 for both 1 day ago and no one bidded (just me) :)
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m299318230

Edit: There is 1 more double board lot listed for ¥10k - nobody wants it :)
People prefer to buy 1 board for ¥25k

Also - what is so special about Taito JVS IO pcb KX91X1180A, that it ended up with a crazy bid of ¥25500?
Is it something special and irreplaceable?
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/e322008941

p.s. Elevator Action guns look superb. But too much hassle importing them.
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/k352089598

Last edited:
that board works for a number of games, not just ev action but, mgg1 mgg2 hm1 hm2 gaia attack 4 ect all use it

As a note: it expects you to use "ATEN USB to Serial Bridge" (ser2at driver included) for gun board 2 connection, otherwise you would need to switch off ewf to install your own driver. Ports for the gun boards are expected to be COM1 and COM4 COM3. I would verify tomorrow, as my local hardware store luckily has this exact USB serial converter.

Last edited:
As a note: it expects you to use "ATEN USB to Serial Bridge" (ser2at driver included) for gun board 2 connection, otherwise you would need to switch off ewf to install your own driver. Ports for the gun boards are expected to be COM1 and COM4. I would verify tomorrow, as my local hardware store luckily has this exact USB serial converter.
this is super helpful. I'm very interesting in sourcing my own proper USB to serial bridge.

That ATEN USB Serial converter should be plugged into right bottom USB port.
Than it becomes COM3 and is detected by the game correctly.

So gun ports are COM1 and COM3

Edit: Picture attached. It is a very common converter. Tons available from eBay.

Attachments

• 2019-01-22 01.50.35.jpg
    2019-01-22 01.50.35.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Back