What's new

SpudJones

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

Long time arcade collector here. I've always enjoyed hardware hacks such as replacing numerous roms on classic games with a single rom, or getting multiple games to work on similar hardware. I reprogrammed a PAL once to emulate a PROM so I could get a sound board working in a Star Trek pinball machine. My garage is full of arcade games to the point that I've run out of space (again). But that's where I spend a large portion of my weekends, usually with a beer.

Cheers!

Welcome to AP, sounds like your interests are shared with many others here :thumbsup:

Seems the disease is pandemic. I have that same affliction. I do the same thing in my garage, but with a Foster's.

Welcome to the forum!

but with a Sapporo
Sapporo is a good one but what I drink varies on what my local shop has on sale that week. Last week it was Carlsberg. This week it's Kirin.

I like beer.
And videogames.
Beer and videogames.

I was making a joke about Foster's. They sell it here in the US with the slogan, "Foster's. Australian for beer." Guess no one got the joke :/.

Welcome again.

I was making a joke about Foster's. They sell it here in the US with the slogan, "Foster's. Australian for beer." Guess no one got the joke :/.

Welcome again.
I know you meant beer, cause no one really drinks Foster's here, do they ?( :D No disrespect to those that like it, I've tried it, just not my taste.

cause no one really drinks Foster's here, do they
They don't seem to even sell Foster's (at least in Queensland). The only time I've ever had Foster's was on an international flight. :D

Now you gotta show off of your arcade room/games. Post some pics!
Will do. When I can tetris a few things around enough to get in there with my camera I'll definitely post some pics.

Fosters is probably closer to Australian for piss than beer. It is no good. Nope nope nope.

Fosters is probably closer to Australian for piss than beer. It is no good. Nope nope nope.
I had a friend back in high school that was from Australia as an exchange student. This was when the Fosters commercials were first really big on TV because they were humorous. He said that no Australian would actually drink "that swill".

Last week I was playing Gears of War 4 with two Australians and of course someone brought up Foster's and one of them said he didn't even know what Fosters was until he took a trip to the USA and saw it on TV. lol.

Also...welcome!

I had a friend back in high school that was from Australia as an exchange student. This was when the Fosters commercials were first really big on TV because they were humorous. He said that no Australian would actually drink "that swill".
Last week I was playing Gears of War 4 with two Australians and of course someone brought up Foster's and one of them said he didn't even know what Fosters was until he took a trip to the USA and saw it on TV. lol.

Also...welcome!
On that note... the Castlemaine XXXX ads are worth watching. I hear they are more *authentic* Australian. There are a pile of hilarious ones.

the Castlemaine XXXX ads are worth watching. I hear they are more *authentic* Australian.
Lol. XXXX is brewed here and its definitely more common. Never seen that ad before though - must be made for the international market.

Back