What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, please read my post then everyone else's posts... your gif really does reflect my feelings when I get replies like this though, so thanks!
Problem as I said, is that any change be it small or big, makes you incur in significant costs to which you need to add the time spent modifying design, gerbers, pick and place, etc.
My gif was appropriate for your suggestion. Sorry (not sorry)!

Darksoft gave the reason why another revision run would be silly IMO, for saving one plastic post. He's being diplomatic in his responses, of course. But causing Darksoft to spend x amount of money, time for redesigning and manufacturing another revision just for one small plastic post is something I can't see happening from a business standpoint. Plus he spelled it out for you...

I would take a 2nd unit for tate if it gets a clean revision with nice headers and professional made security cable.
See DS, you could sell more units to the same people... but yes, I think working on future multis first, then revisiting!

Thanks for the replies guys, I think there is some demand for a new revision out there, but again cost and time need to be considered!

No, please read my post then everyone else's posts... your gif really does reflect my feelings when I get replies like this though, so thanks!
Problem as I said, is that any change be it small or big, makes you incur in significant costs to which you need to add the time spent modifying design, gerbers, pick and place, etc.
My gif was appropriate for your suggestion. Sorry (not sorry)!
Darksoft gave the reason why another revision run would be silly IMO, for saving one plastic post. He's being diplomatic in his responses, of course. But causing Darksoft to spend x amount of money, time for redesigning and manufacturing another revision just for one small plastic post is something I can't see happening from a business standpoint. Plus he spelled it out for you...
The only thing I will add to this is that the question was the first time the OP has asked the question, and honestly the first time I've seen that question brought up here on the forums. So it's not like he was asking the same question over and over and over again, or asking something that's been asked hundreds of times before by countless other people.

As someone on the outside looking in, that appeared quite harsh and unwelcoming to a relatively new member of these forums. There is NOTHING wrong with asking questions, and I think if Darksoft was super annoyed by it and didn't want anybody ever asking that question, he'd have been able to handle it himself.

As someone on the outside looking in, that appeared quite harsh and unwelcoming to a relatively new member of these forums. There is NOTHING wrong with asking questions, and I think if Darksoft was super annoyed by it and didn't want anybody ever asking that question, he'd have been able to handle it himself.
I think the harshness of the reply came from the primarily cosmedic nature of the change request.
Everyone else chimed in with valuable redesigns, like add a header for the key writing wires for example.

But OP asking for a redesign so you wouldn't have to cut an internal case post/support?
Most people see this as a waste of Darksoft's time.

The thing is, a lot of people don't understand what is involved (especially financially) in creating these things, let alone having to re-design or update a design for another revision. If a hardware revision is needed to fix problems with functionality, for instance the Terraonion guys having to run a second version of their PCE device because it has Audio and Video problems in the first rev, then that's totally justifiable. It effects the performance and functionality of the device. But for saving a plastic post? Do people really want Darksoft to spend 1000's of dollars in time and manufacturing a new revision for saving one post in a plastic shell that most likely is probably all banged up anyway? (I rarely see a pristine CPS2 shell)

The CPS2 Multi performs and functions properly. Most people already modify their shells in other ways to support the LCD screens, so saving 1 post is kinda pointless. And why would someone who already bought a Multi-CPS2 re-buy it to save a post? DS surely doesn't have problems selling out of this board, so it's not like creating a rev2 to eliminate the need to remove or shave down one post will suddenly increase demand.

Let's not even go into the fact that you split the market on the value of a V1 vs V2 of these devices. Or the fact that Darksoft would have to support both hardware revisions for firmware updates or customer support.

I think the harshness of the reply came from the primarily cosmedic nature of the change request.Everyone else chimed in with valuable redesigns, like add a header for the key writing wires for example.

But OP asking for a redesign so you wouldn't have to cut an internal case post/support?
^This right here.

The thing is, a lot of people don't understand what is involved (especially financially) in creating these things, let alone having to re-design or update a design for another revision. If a hardware revision is needed to fix problems with functionality, for instance the Terraonion guys having to run a second version of their PCE device because it has Audio and Video problems in the first rev, then that's totally justifiable. It effects the performance and functionality of the device. But for saving a plastic post? Do people really want Darksoft to spend 1000's of dollars in time and manufacturing a new revision for saving one post in a plastic shell that most likely is probably all banged up anyway? (I rarely see a pristine CPS2 shell)
The CPS2 Multi performs and functions properly. Most people already modify their shells in other ways to support the LCD screens, so saving 1 post is kinda pointless. And why would someone who already bought a Multi-CPS2 re-buy it to save a post? DS surely doesn't have problems selling out of this board, so it's not like creating a rev2 to eliminate the need to remove or shave down one post will suddenly increase demand.

Let's not even go into the fact that you split the market on the value of a V1 vs V2 of these devices. Or the fact that Darksoft would have to support both hardware revisions for firmware updates or customer support.

I think the harshness of the reply came from the primarily cosmedic nature of the change request.Everyone else chimed in with valuable redesigns, like add a header for the key writing wires for example.

^This right here.
I can understand that. At the same time, try to look at it from the perspective of the OP. If you purchased a product, had an idea and just casually made a post in the main forum for said product, but were immediately responded to with the GIF and the "are you serious?" type response, how would you feel about that forum? I know that I would avoid that forum, and the seller of that product and anything else he does.

Instead of posting a GIF mocking the OP and saying "Are you seriously asking for a whole production revision for one plastic post??" would it have been so hard to explain "At the present time, there are no major board revisions planned. If Darksoft does plan on making a revision, perhaps an adjustment will be made then, but it's not likely."?

Just felt a bit cold and harsh. Perhaps if it was to someone here who has been around for a long time and is highly active it would be normal 'ribbing", but to a guy who seems relatively new that seemed a bit frigid. That's all. No angst from me. :D

@Jdurg Totally understand where you're coming from. Perhaps it's a difference in generations... I was born in the 70's, so for me if someone responded the way I did to a question that wasn't thought through, I would take a second look at my question and evaluate if what I'm asking is valid.

Perhaps I'm just made with sterner stuff.

690.jpg

I think of it more like this...

New user: "I like arcade games"
AP.com: "We love arcade games, welcome to the party!"
preview.jpg

But if...

New user: "I have what I think is a good idea but it could result in potential delays and fragmentation to existing muli projects"
AP.com: "I'll kill you, you son of a bitch!"
rage_itachi___kill_all_the_people_by_princessbloodymary-d4xg19o.png

My gif was appropriate for your suggestion. Sorry (not sorry)!Darksoft gave the reason why another revision run would be silly IMO, for saving one plastic post. He's being diplomatic in his responses, of course. But causing Darksoft to spend x amount of money, time for redesigning and manufacturing another revision just for one small plastic post is something I can't see happening from a business standpoint. Plus he spelled it out for you...
The only thing I will add to this is that the question was the first time the OP has asked the question, and honestly the first time I've seen that question brought up here on the forums. So it's not like he was asking the same question over and over and over again, or asking something that's been asked hundreds of times before by countless other people.
Thanks for the thoughts Jdurg,

I don't have the kit yet, I don't want to cut plastic off my kit, I don't want to do any extra work if unnecessary (such as the new wires etc), and I prefer a smaller, possibly cheaper product. Do I want DS to spend more money and more time doing something? Yes I do, if it's the above things and guess what? He can choose to do them or not, based on what he thinks makes sense for him.

To most of the people here, thanks, you've been nothing but helpful and polite to my questions and posts.

For opt2not, I'm surprised you say you were born in the 70's, I figured from your posts you're in your teens, but then again I've worked with teens that are more mature than you seem, so I guess that could be considered insulting to teens. Going forward, I'm going to "opt to not" read to or reply to your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back