What's new

urbanstrike

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new,
we have a Taito Type X2 "Real Puncher 2" gaming machine,
and have strange problem:
"start" and "select" buttons do not work in the Continue and in the Test mode(settings).
If run a new game then everything works..
Buttons start working only when a new game is played!

If you go in and out of the Test mode, then start a new game - buttons work (only in game, not in menu).
If you skip the Continue and start a new game again - buttons work.
If during the Continue of "Insert coin" then a new game will not start - will earn coins but pressing start will not be possible.

What could be the problem? With a Taito system or a button controller?
Is it possible to connect a hard drive with Taito to the PC at least to change the game settings?

img_26580_132906Rp-2.jpg

Can I run games from my hard drive in the emulator to change my game settings?

Hmm can you make an image of your drive? You might just need to clear the cache off the D:\ partition. But sometimes game specific data is stored there so lets have a look at it before you start removing stuff.

Hmm can you make an image of your drive? You might just need to clear the cache off the D:\ partition. But sometimes game specific data is stored there so lets have a look at it before you start removing stuff.
So it's a systemic problem after all? Why is the cache full and why can it affect the work?
I have copied folders and files from my hard drive - TypeXsys, Program files, Windows, encrypted game files, etc.
If need a disk image - I can do.

Back