What's new

brisketnbulgogi

Student
Reaction score
The game boots up to the PS3 menu and selects Tekken BR then goes blank..stays blank for a minute then beeps 3 times and restarts. Any idea what the problem is? Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Has it worked for you before? Sounds like a HDD or Dongle issue. I've made quite a few replacement dongles for that game recently for a Korean repair house.

Tekken 6 takes about 25 seconds from the time where you see the ps3 menu go away until it starts. You need to be patient. Also, you have to make sure that the I/O board is powered on about 3 seconds prior to the main unit. If you turn them on at the same time the I/O board will stay red and the game wont boot.

Supply power to the I/O, wait 3 seconds and power up the 357. It sounds crazy but I figured this out when I first got my set up. The I/O needs to have the blue light on and you need to wait at least 25 seconds after boot to tell if the system is working ok.

If it is, it will bring you to the intro with a count down screen.

You will also need to have a 31khz monitor and use the HDMI port for it to work correctly.

Here is a video of mine running just for some gaming a long time ago for reference. Its just Tekken 6 not BR but the same thing.

Well he says it is staying black for a minute and then beeping three times and restarting. I guess he may not be powering the internal I/O with an outside source like he needs but we need more info from the OP.

Agreed. Really need to see what the system is doing when he powers it up and how it is hooked up.

Thank you guys for the help! I got it to work finally. I'm a complete newb, though all I needed was to plug in the power cable and hdmi to vga cable to my vewlix. It came with the jvs molex cables and I didnt think I needed since the system was already powered by the other power cord. Plugged it up and it worked. Didnt have to mess with the i/o or anything.

Attachments

• DSC07097.JPG
    DSC07097.JPG
    472.8 KB · Views: 897
  • LRG_DSC07061.JPG
    LRG_DSC07061.JPG
    430.3 KB · Views: 562
  • DSC07100.JPG
    DSC07100.JPG
    570.7 KB · Views: 543
yo..Lukemorse1! Been watching you on YouTube for the longest!! Dope content always.
Thanks a lot man. The stuff I do on youtube is just a lot of the same as others . I Just enjoy sharing my passion with gaming like everyone here on this forum. Really glad you got it running and happy gaming

Back