What's new
most of the games are possible to get in English. The program roms contains all the languages but the asic has the region set inside. From what I understand they needs to be decrypted and then patched and then encrypted again. I do have most of them in English, although all my carts are China, Taiwan, Japan region. I have promised the creator not to redistribute those roms. But it is indeed possible to do most of them. I wish I understood how to decrypt / encrypt roms myself, and i did try to understand it once upon a time but I never understood how to do it :( even though the decryption keys are in name for many games I don't know how to write my own software to decrypt them.. even thought i could save the decrypted roms using mamae-debug but that didn't workout either. Would certainly love to learn it though!
Just to be clear: what you have are the roms of the games in English? or you have modded carts of the games running completely in English? would you mind posting a pic or two showing the games?
Thanks!!
The roms contains the english text. Mine are just modified to show the english even thou the asics sets another region. The carts are not modified, only the program roms. Can did them up and post something after work.

most of the games are possible to get in English. The program roms contains all the languages but the asic has the region set inside. From what I understand they needs to be decrypted and then patched and then encrypted again. I do have most of them in English, although all my carts are China, Taiwan, Japan region. I have promised the creator not to redistribute those roms. But it is indeed possible to do most of them. I wish I understood how to decrypt / encrypt roms myself, and i did try to understand it once upon a time but I never understood how to do it :( even though the decryption keys are in name for many games I don't know how to write my own software to decrypt them.. even thought i could save the decrypted roms using mamae-debug but that didn't workout either. Would certainly love to learn it though!
Just to be clear: what you have are the roms of the games in English? or you have modded carts of the games running completely in English? would you mind posting a pic or two showing the games?Thanks!!
The roms contains the english text. Mine are just modified to show the english even thou the asics sets another region. The carts are not modified, only the program roms. Can did them up and post something after work.
So you have the same English versions everyone else has, just running on non-English carts. Correct?

yes, that's correct. I have the same games as most ppl have, buy mine display in English. Wich i don't think many have. i was looking all over for English versions but only found kov 1.

Just to be clear: what you have are the roms of the games in English? or you have modded carts of the games running completely in English? would you mind posting a pic or two showing the games?Thanks!!
So the carts can be adjusted to display English text just by burning a couple EPROMs? that's really neat. Can you please talk to the person who did this to see if he/she will reconsider making this work available for the rest of us to enjoy? that'd be great :)

Regards.

yes, that's correct. I have the same games as most ppl have, buy mine display in English. Wich i don't think many have. i was looking all over for English versions but only found kov 1.
Then your English Demon Front is the same as the PCB version I'd assume. I doubt there are two official translations out there.

Then your English Demon Front is the same as the PCB version I'd assume. I doubt there are two official translations out there.
The PCB version of Demon Front is in English?

Demon Front is awesome, its a beautiful 2D game. When DS has time, I am sure he will make a multicart. The PGM is seems similar to the MVS, so it might be easier for him to do a multicart for the PGM once he is done with the one for the MVS.

Demon Front is awesome, its a beautiful 2D game. When DS has time, I am sure he will make a multicart. The PGM is seems similar to the MVS, so it might be easier for him to do a multicart for the PGM once he is done with the one for the MVS.
The problem with the PGM is that AFAIK it's not as well documented as the MVS, and the parts used are not as well-known as the ones in the MVS. It does not help its Chinese origin. It would be great to have a multicart for every platform, but I am not holding my breath for a PGM one. It will take time, if it ever gets done.

Yup. I was asking you on the last page to tell me what is not in English in your cart version because 98% of the PCB is English and I wanted to compare/contrast :P.

The problem with the PGM is that AFAIK it's not as well documented as the MVS, and the parts used are not as well-known as the ones in the MVS. It does not help its Chinese origin. It would be great to have a multicart for every platform, but I am not holding my breath for a PGM one. It will take time, if it ever gets done.
I'm quite confident that it will happen....

Yup. I was asking you on the last page to tell me what is not in English in your cart version because 98% of the PCB is English and I wanted to compare/contrast :P.
demon front was one of the games that he did not patch for me. It was much more difficult than the rest because of an encrypted extra arm

demon front was one of the games that he did not patch for me. It was much more difficult than the rest because of an encrypted extra arm
Can you PM so I can understand what have you done so far?

To clarify, aha2940 said that Demon Front he had was "not 100% English". I was wondering what is not on his version as mine is 98% or better.

To clarify, aha2940 said that Demon Front he had was "not 100% English". I was wondering what is not on his version as mine is 98% or better.
Hi

My Demon Front (Korean, cart version) has most things in English, except for the story during attract mode and a character that appears when the levels start. Those are the only things I remember that are not in English.

I was hesitant to bring this topic up here, a PGM IGS multi-cart, I'm pleasantly surprised people are already discussing it. I am highly interested in one if DS ever considers it. I own a single game for the system so far, which is The Gladiator (Road of the sword) and I absolutely love it. So I would also love to explore the rest of the library.

Hi
My Demon Front (Korean, cart version) has most things in English, except for the story during attract mode and a character that appears when the levels start. Those are the only things I remember that are not in English.
This is the only thing not in English on the PCB:
Http://www.imgur.com/ikpBKbd

That and the introduction for each boss (though their name over their life meter is in English).

I'm quite confident that it will happen....
Make it happen DS, I already ordered the motherboard and a couple of games!

Playing some Demon Front on the PGM, love this game.

DS, you gotta work on a multi for this, please. If you need hardware or such donated to make this happen let me know.

IMG_3491.JPG
IMG_3493.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3492.JPG
    IMG_3492.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 278
DS sent me a pcb to run tests for him but sometime over the last three months the battery started to leak and it won't boot. I already cleaned it up but I need to figure out which traces are corroded through.

If you need it, I could send you another PGM motherboard. I think you could remove the batteries on these without any ill effect.

Back