What's new
You absolutely can remove batteries and nothing happens other than lack of HS saving. My first board had the battery removed when I got it.

Also I'm now at 2 regular and 1 consolized board, so I could probably spare a mobo for the greater good too

If you need it, I could send you another PGM motherboard. I think you could remove the batteries on these without any ill effect.
I replaced the battery on mine with a CR2032. Removed a component (a diode, I believe?) so it would not try to charge the new battery. So far, so good, the 4 games I have keep scores fine. Which ill effects have you experienced?

Regards.

While I agree PGM isn't too hard to collect for (though more games are consistently topping $100 than you think), I for one would love a multicart for it just because I like having my games in English, and THOSE carts are extremely hard to find. I've got just under half the carts legit, and not a single one displays in English. Certainly it's not necessary, but it's nice, and unlike Neo or CPS2 it's not as simple as changing the bios or even rewriting a rom to change the language. I can't actually find any info on changing the language, and I've looked.
Great point about the English titles!
AFAIK, not all games are available in English. At least not completely translated. I do not recall having ever seen Demon Front completely in English, at least. If that exists, I would gladly mod my cart to display in English.
My Demon Front cart is in English and so is the kit paperwork, manual, etc. I was quite surprised when it arrived because all my other PGM stuff is Chinese, Korean or Japanese.

My Demon Front cart is in English and so is the kit paperwork, manual, etc. I was quite surprised when it arrived because all my other PGM stuff is Chinese, Korean or Japanese.
My Demon Front cart and related paper work is all in english as well. Everything on the gameplay is in english as well, I guess I can go through it again and double check.

My Demon Front cart and related paper work is all in english as well. Everything on the gameplay is in english as well, I guess I can go through it again and double check.
System 16 has English splash screens and Japanese Splash screens for most of the titles. I have Photo Y2K...I will check that out later too.

While I agree PGM isn't too hard to collect for (though more games are consistently topping $100 than you think), I for one would love a multicart for it just because I like having my games in English, and THOSE carts are extremely hard to find. I've got just under half the carts legit, and not a single one displays in English. Certainly it's not necessary, but it's nice, and unlike Neo or CPS2 it's not as simple as changing the bios or even rewriting a rom to change the language. I can't actually find any info on changing the language, and I've looked.
Great point about the English titles!
AFAIK, not all games are available in English. At least not completely translated. I do not recall having ever seen Demon Front completely in English, at least. If that exists, I would gladly mod my cart to display in English.
My cart has an English label, and it plays mostly in English, however some text is in korean. IIRC it's the text that appears at the beginning of a level, the story, and a couple others. I'd say my cart is about 95% in English, from what I've seen. Is yours 100% English?

Oh boy oh boy! I have to follow up on this... Getting a mobo right now.

Demon Front is awesome, its a beautiful 2D game. When DS has time, I am sure he will make a multicart. The PGM is seems similar to the MVS, so it might be easier for him to do a multicart for the PGM once he is done with the one for the MVS.
The problem with the PGM is that AFAIK it's not as well documented as the MVS, and the parts used are not as well-known as the ones in the MVS. It does not help its Chinese origin. It would be great to have a multicart for every platform, but I am not holding my breath for a PGM one. It will take time, if it ever gets done.
I'm quite confident that it will happen....
Awesome!

Got my mobo not too long ago from eBay. Go get one if you still need one. :)

20160911_215131.png

Maybe a bit early to ask, but any idea if it would be technically possible to run the single PCB Cave games on the multi as well?

Maybe a bit early to ask, but any idea if it would be technically possible to run the single PCB Cave games on the multi as well?
Considering that people convert donor PGM carts into those Cave games and they run like the original boards... the answer would likely be a yes.

It would be awesome if that were the case! That is why I want PGM multi...for the shmups!

Also picked up one of the PGM motherboards from the ebay link, only 2 available compared to 6 a few hours ago ;)

Can't wait for this to happen :love:

Also picked up one of the PGM motherboards from the ebay link, only 2 available compared to 6 a few hours ago ;)

Can't wait for this to happen :love:
Man, DS makes a comment about doing something, and money/goods start shifting hands worldwide, lol.

Back