What's new

SEGASHIRO

Professional
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Since this is the stomping ground for ideas...why not a PGM 1 multicart? From everything I've read - the system is similar to the NEO GEO in a lot ways and the list of games is pretty good - especially for the handful of Cave titles.

Unfortunately, not all the games were in cartridge format - some were single board PCBs. However, I have seen cartridge versions of some single board games for sale so someone managed to hack them.

Fighters - Martial Masters, S.V.G. Spectral vs Generation, Killing Blade (Plus)

Shmups - Do Donpachi 2: Bee Storm, Do Donpachi Dai-Ou-Jou (+Black Label), Espgaluda, Ketsui

Puzzle - Photo Y2K, Photo Y2K2, Puzzle Star, Puzzli 2 (Super)

Beat'em ups / Action - Demon Front, Knights of Valor (2, Plus, Super), Oriental Legend (Special, Special Plus), The Gladiator

Mahjong - Dragon World (3, 2001, EX, 2, Pretty Chance)

I don't really care about all the Mahjong stuff but all the other stuff would be cool. All of the games feature nice 2D pixel art and quality animation.

Anyway, just another idea to float out there in the long list of other ideas that are already in the works (Neo, Taito F3, Deco, etc).

One last thing - anyone know anything about Arcademodbios? Are they legit?

I think it would be hard to justify making a PGM multicart as the vast majority of the titles are dirt cheap. Only DDP2 tops $100 from what I've seen. And when looking at the CPS2 multi price (325 plus donor hardware) it's hard to see the benefit cost-wise, at least.

If you toss in the non-cart games you're only left with CAVE titles, and in another thread Darksoft had mentioned not wanting to do CV1000B/D multi because of how it would create bootlegs and affect the market. I certainly don't aim to speak for the man, just referencing what I'd read a couple weeks back.

See here:
Multi CAVE PCB

The majority of the PGM1 games are available on the Chinese bootleg boards like the Pandora's Box. If you're not going to buy actual PGM carts, then you should just buy one of those as all the PGM games are easy enough to collect. The only things that are hard to find are the CAVE pcbs.

One last thing - anyone know anything about Arcademodbios? Are they legit?
Legit as far as you'll get what you order from Joerg.

Last edited:
ArcadeModBios is not a friend of me, Darksoft, and this site will not endorse him. He comes up with some good stuff but he is also a thief and this is well documented on the web. He takes credit for things he did not create and profits from things meant to be free. He is the sole reason why certain people refuse to release any new creations because they KNOW it will be available on his site for sale the next day.

I could tell you so much more but he honestly doesn't deserve the space on our forums. I wouldn't order from him unless it was the last resort for something you absolutely could not live without.

I think it would be hard to justify making a PGM multicart as the vast majority of the titles are dirt cheap. Only DDP2 tops $100 from what I've seen.
Fair enough...I hadn't really thought about the cost of the individual games vs. design cost/process. I was thinking it would be fanciful to stick one cart into the Polygame Master and be able to select from the titles and it seemed "do-able."

I own a DDP2 and Photo Y2K with an idea to eventually pick up some other titles - but Gladiator and Martial Masters are now starting to go for ridiculous prices. Yet, nowhere near the zanyness that is the CPS2, CPS3, and Neo Geo.

Well, except for the fact someone is trying to sell this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Martial-Mast...670659?hash=item35f78fea43:g:N4gAAOSwd0BV04Vt

Over $5000 in my funny coloured Canadian currency. That is good for a laugh, I think.
ArcadeModBios is not a friend of me, Darksoft, and this site will not endorse him. He comes up with some good stuff but he is also a thief and this is well documented on the web. He takes credit for things he did not create and profits from things meant to be free. He is the sole reason why certain people refuse to release any new creations because they KNOW it will be available on his site for sale the next day.
Enough said....my spider sense was tingling every time a Google search string session landed me there. Now I know why.

Though I've never bought anything off of him, he comes up with really interesting stuff, like the 2-in-1 Naomi carts.

Wonder what the process involved in that is. ;( :S

Though I've never bought anything off of him, he comes up with really interesting stuff, like the 2-in-1 Naomi carts.

Wonder what the process involved in that is. ;( :S
I know DIP2 on the 2-in-1 Naomi carts selects the game, but beyond that, I haven't a clue.

While I agree PGM isn't too hard to collect for (though more games are consistently topping $100 than you think), I for one would love a multicart for it just because I like having my games in English, and THOSE carts are extremely hard to find. I've got just under half the carts legit, and not a single one displays in English. Certainly it's not necessary, but it's nice, and unlike Neo or CPS2 it's not as simple as changing the bios or even rewriting a rom to change the language. I can't actually find any info on changing the language, and I've looked.

While I agree PGM isn't too hard to collect for (though more games are consistently topping $100 than you think), I for one would love a multicart for it just because I like having my games in English, and THOSE carts are extremely hard to find. I've got just under half the carts legit, and not a single one displays in English. Certainly it's not necessary, but it's nice, and unlike Neo or CPS2 it's not as simple as changing the bios or even rewriting a rom to change the language. I can't actually find any info on changing the language, and I've looked.
Great point about the English titles!

AFAIK, not all games are available in English. At least not completely translated. I do not recall having ever seen Demon Front completely in English, at least. If that exists, I would gladly mod my cart to display in English.

AFAIK, not all games are available in English. At least not completely translated. I do not recall having ever seen Demon Front completely in English, at least. If that exists, I would gladly mod my cart to display in English.
Where in the cart version of Demon Front are the non-translated parts? There are two characters that pop on the screen at mission start when the stage name is spoken in English, or when a boss appears (which is also in English audio, and the boss name above the life bar is in English), but outside of that I don't think I've ever noticed anything not in English on mine. I have the PCB version, not the cart though. It'd be interesting to compare the two.

Last edited:
Do you have information on how this can be done? That was kinda my point, I've checked several sites full of knowledgeable people and my google-fu is usually fairly strong, and I can find zero information whatsoever on doing that.

If it's possible and you know how, hook a brother up. I will happily mod all my carts that need it, assuming it's not a permanent/destructive mod. Been meaning to invest in a rom burner anyway.

I think it would be hard to justify making a PGM multicart as the vast majority of the titles are dirt cheap. Only DDP2 tops $100 from what I've seen.
Fair enough...I hadn't really thought about the cost of the individual games vs. design cost/process. I was thinking it would be fanciful to stick one cart into the Polygame Master and be able to select from the titles and it seemed "do-able."I own a DDP2 and Photo Y2K with an idea to eventually pick up some other titles - but Gladiator and Martial Masters are now starting to go for ridiculous prices. Yet, nowhere near the zanyness that is the CPS2, CPS3, and Neo Geo.Well, except for the fact someone is trying to sell this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Martial-Masters-Jamma-Game-Cartridge-PGM-IGS-/231786670659?
hash=item35f78fea43:g:N4gAAOSwd0BV04VtOver $5000 in my funny coloured Canadian currency. That is good for a laugh, I think.
that's a crazy price!

pgm multi is also on my list. But quite on the bottom

Do you have information on how this can be done? That was kinda my point, I've checked several sites full of knowledgeable people and my google-fu is usually fairly strong, and I can find zero information whatsoever on doing that.
If it's possible and you know how, hook a brother up. I will happily mod all my carts that need it, assuming it's not a permanent/destructive mod. Been meaning to invest in a rom burner anyway.
I am sorry man, I am not 100% sure how to do it. I have modded neo-geo carts before, know how to burn a ROM to an EPROM, solder/desolder, etc. but PGM seems not to be widely documented, therefore no idea which of the ROMS hold the language. For example, I know 4 Demon Front versions, 3 are cart, 1 is from the JAMMA PCB. Difference seem to be just 2 roms between each set, however none of them seem to be in English. Maybe of somebody get to understand the programming language of the processor, like was donne with CPS1, CPS2 and neo-geo, somebody can figure it out and patch the roms.

Regards.

Do you have information on how this can be done? That was kinda my point, I've checked several sites full of knowledgeable people and my google-fu is usually fairly strong, and I can find zero information whatsoever on doing that.If it's possible and you know how, hook a brother up. I will happily mod all my carts that need it, assuming it's not a permanent/destructive mod. Been meaning to invest in a rom burner anyway.
I am sorry man, I am not 100% sure how to do it. I have modded neo-geo carts before, know how to burn a ROM to an EPROM, solder/desolder, etc. but PGM seems not to be widely documented, therefore no idea which of the ROMS hold the language. For example, I know 4 Demon Front versions, 3 are cart, 1 is from the JAMMA PCB. Difference seem to be just 2 roms between each set, however none of them seem to be in English. Maybe of somebody get to understand the programming language of the processor, like was donne with CPS1, CPS2 and neo-geo, somebody can figure it out and patch the roms.
Regards.
I would assume that if the encryption method and keys are the same (and you just want to change from JPN to ENG) you should just burn new program ROM and that should be it.

I would purchase a multicart for the PGM if it was available, its well worth it to me personally. I would also like to buy a true MVS multicart, the chinese crap out there with all the extra game versions are insane. So cant wait for the MVS +AES Multi to be released.

Last edited:
Do you have information on how this can be done? That was kinda my point, I've checked several sites full of knowledgeable people and my google-fu is usually fairly strong, and I can find zero information whatsoever on doing that.If it's possible and you know how, hook a brother up. I will happily mod all my carts that need it, assuming it's not a permanent/destructive mod. Been meaning to invest in a rom burner anyway.
I am sorry man, I am not 100% sure how to do it. I have modded neo-geo carts before, know how to burn a ROM to an EPROM, solder/desolder, etc. but PGM seems not to be widely documented, therefore no idea which of the ROMS hold the language. For example, I know 4 Demon Front versions, 3 are cart, 1 is from the JAMMA PCB. Difference seem to be just 2 roms between each set, however none of them seem to be in English. Maybe of somebody get to understand the programming language of the processor, like was donne with CPS1, CPS2 and neo-geo, somebody can figure it out and patch the roms.Regards.
I would assume that if the encryption method and keys are the same (and you just want to change from JPN to ENG) you should just burn new program ROM and that should be it.
or running decrypted code but need hardware modification ;)

most of the games are possible to get in English. The program roms contains all the languages but the asic has the region set inside. From what I understand they needs to be decrypted and then patched and then encrypted again. I do have most of them in English, although all my carts are China, Taiwan, Japan region. I have promised the creator not to redistribute those roms. But it is indeed possible to do most of them. I wish I understood how to decrypt / encrypt roms myself, and i did try to understand it once upon a time but I never understood how to do it :( even though the decryption keys are in name for many games I don't know how to write my own software to decrypt them.. even thought i could save the decrypted roms using mamae-debug but that didn't workout either. Would certainly love to learn it though!

most of the games are possible to get in English. The program roms contains all the languages but the asic has the region set inside. From what I understand they needs to be decrypted and then patched and then encrypted again. I do have most of them in English, although all my carts are China, Taiwan, Japan region. I have promised the creator not to redistribute those roms. But it is indeed possible to do most of them. I wish I understood how to decrypt / encrypt roms myself, and i did try to understand it once upon a time but I never understood how to do it :( even though the decryption keys are in name for many games I don't know how to write my own software to decrypt them.. even thought i could save the decrypted roms using mamae-debug but that didn't workout either. Would certainly love to learn it though!
Just to be clear: what you have are the roms of the games in English? or you have modded carts of the games running completely in English? would you mind posting a pic or two showing the games?

Thanks!!

Back