What's new
Sorry to hear, that stinks.
I actually tested my luck with them too and had opposite experience. I sent my spare ms8-29 from my Astro that would not sync on july 13th. I got an invoice of $177(A little more than I was expecting) on the 24th. They did a full cap kit and changed a few ics. I got it back today July 31st(I’ve never had a chassis so clean and shiny). I tested it as soon as I got home and after few adjustments to picture it now works perfect. I’ve had it on for 4 hours now and counting. Still running good.
I hope they get this chassis fixed for you

Last edited:
So, I've heard that the guy who did my original repairs a year back, is no longer there. Their new monitor tech sucks it apparently.

Who did the work on this board if you don't mind me asking?

So you might need to have someone else look at that chassis. I had 300wins recap mine from sharp and he found a mess. Incorrect caps, poor soldering, lifted pads.... said it was definitely not the usual for them. We don't know the exact cap values for mine since the OG caps were incorrectly changed. I have a TC-Rm25s and I used a cap kit from a similar chassis, TC-251s, and now I have a solid picture with no shaking.

Whoever is working on these now, its not the normal tech that they used to have. I had two dead Nanao chassis, a Ms9 and a MC2000 and those were completely brought back to life by sharp. I don't know whats going on with them now.

I forgot to post this yesterday but. Sharp gave me a phone call and basically said not to send back my chassis yet and they were going to send me out another chassis to see if that one works for me and then go from there.

Their tech mentioned that he did indeed send me back my original chassis with a new remote board (which is what I had suspected).

I'll post an update once I receive the new chassis.

I received the new Chassis in from Sharp on Friday but I didn't have a chance to install it until Sunday afternoon.

so far it works great!. weirdly the adjustments on the flyback and chassis were turned all the way down and nearly everything on the remote board was turned all the way up, so it took some time to tune it but once I did it looks great, has no concerning sounds and has survived multiple power on/off cycles.

I should also note that this chassis is perfectly clean and was packed as excellently as every other shipment I received from Sharp.

So here's hoping these problems I've been having were just a fluke.

I received the new Chassis in from Sharp on Friday but I didn't have a chance to install it until Sunday afternoon.

so far it works great!. weirdly the adjustments on the flyback and chassis were turned all the way down and nearly everything on the remote board was turned all the way up, so it took some time to tune it but once I did it looks great, has no concerning sounds and has survived multiple power on/off cycles.

I should also note that this chassis is perfectly clean and was packed as excellently as every other shipment I received from Sharp.

So here's hoping these problems I've been having were just a fluke.
Sweet, I will send in my Nanao MS8 to get repaired :D

So I had my sanwa try sync chassis go out, and I had a neo psu that I sent them. They got them on wensday and today they gave me a call saying they were ready. New flyback on the chassis along with a HOT and cap kit, also a full cap on the neo psu. Once I get them back I’ll report. Hopefully they just went through a rough patch.

Received the chassis and the psu today. The PSU works like a charm, no more video or audio issues. I have yet to test the chassis yet, but so far so good, no dry or cracked joints. It will take some time to install the chassis, I will report back when its done.

Installed and dialed in the chassis, it looks amazing. Looks like Sharp is back on par with its old work.

I'm thinking of doing this too with my ms2930. My main question is do they set the geometry before sending back or do I need to do that myself. Which is a slight problem as I'm horrible at it.

I'm thinking of doing this too with my ms2930. My main question is do they set the geometry before sending back or do I need to do that myself. Which is a slight problem as I'm horrible at it.
You're only sending the chassis. Having them set the geometry or any other setting per their tube would be pointless as that stuff differs from tube to tube.

You're only sending the chassis. Having them set the geometry or any other setting per their tube would be pointless as that stuff differs from tube to tube.
ok :( I can't seem to find what each pot does.

Oh boy becareful what you poke around in there. Some pots arent really meant to be adjusted after they are factory set.

Oh boy becareful what you poke around in there. Some pots arent really meant to be adjusted after they are factory set.
ya I I'm trying to find manual but there is nothing available. For ms2931 ya there is a manual but not for 30. Wish I just had a 2931 would be easy to adjust.

You'll just need to play with the remote board. The pots on the chassis itself are for pincushions and there might be a B+ on there too. Don't mess with those unless you really have to.

Back