What's new

nonosto

Champion
Reaction score
Hello World

Someone know this:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UOtuG0X8Whoqscjc838fr0i_u1t3DA_Q

Is it good? input lag? lose video quality? sound?
I saw one mod about 5V? Need? Where can I buy it?

NB: picture about 5V mod...

L1cSYqBl.jpg

pf7g4aR.jpg

o7grFW7.jpg

THX

Gah... I too want a decent jamma switch and it seems to be a crazy proposition. Everything I can find requires multiple boards and converters and such. I just want to shove all my Darksoft Capcom multis (including the teased CPS1 one) into one Big Blue and be done with it! I've already got a converter to use the CPS2 kick harness on the CPS1...

I use several of these that I have bought from AliExpress. There are other options from RiddledTV, but no experience with his device.

https://riddledtv.com/arcade/jamma_switchers.html

Here is what I am using them for and some notes on how it works.
- Multi Mortal Kombat (MK1, MK2, UMK3, MK4, WrestleMania)
- Multi Galaga ( Galaga, Gaplus, Galaxian, Galaga 88)
- Multi Pacman (Pacman w the high score save multi, Jr Pacman, Super Pacman, PAC and Pal, Pacmania)

Generally these setups required the use of jamma extension harnesses because the space between them isn't large enough to just slip the boards in and creates mounting challenges. Most jamma extensions introduce voltage drops.

In my case since a lot of the games there aren't jamma needed jamma adapters for the boards and cabinet to jamma adapters. A lot of which I just made myself.

For MK or any games using kick harnesses you need a way to consolidate the multiple kick harnesses as they wouldn't be switched based on that design. There are kick harness condensors for various games available.

You are correct in that you have to mod them to run -5v, test and service switch, and grounds as they aren't connected through the board design.

Also by default they use a remote control, the remote is the same for every device so you can't really use more than one switcher or it will switch all of them in range. They also dont automatically select any game when you first boot up.

There is a user created device called a NoMote that is another mod (installed in those pics) that elimates the remote, allows you to select how you want to switch between games and does boot to a default slot.

Once setup i havent had any issues running them for a few years now. I made little instruction cards for family and friends to know how to switch between games.

The pictures you use are from mine 6-1 switcher.
I mod it with nomote and -5v.
Required a lot of time into doing this.
I own also riddletv switchers 2-1 and 6-1, and they are Amazing products.
I'll buy two more of the 2-1 in some days.
Really Worth the money.

yes, those Riddledtv switchers are built by me. Thanks for the endorsement. I also make various versions of condenser boards for kick harnesses and supporting cables. I don't frequent these forums too often, but would be happy to answer any questions.

Back