What's new
R

redi

Aloha everyone,

I’m redijedi808 and just joined after dipping my toe in the Supergun discussion.

I grew up during the Atari days and being an only child, video games were important to me.

I just got a lucrative career in IT and am able to build a collection of all my systems that were near and dear to me growing up.

Just finished my retro collection of all the old skool consoles, RGB them and everdrive for all.

Thought I was done but so Supergun and Darksoft. Discovered that this eliminates emulation and am now on my journey to what really started all for me...Street Fighter 2 and all the guile glitches

Now a new path is bestowed upon my but this one will break my wallet but it’s worth it to me!

Anyways, here to learn and just preordered all the Darksoft Multics from Saveyourgames and now will soak up all the info.

My main piece is a Supergun and seems like the HAS is the one if it resurfaces

Can’t wait to absorb all the info, Mahalo!!!

**Update**

Just a quick update: after many hours of combing through the great knowledgeable material on this forum as well as the final piece obtained from @Frank_fjs, I finally powered up my SF2 PCB!

As others said, very awesome feeling seeing it bootup for the first time. Did a quick test and my board still has the glitches which is exactly what I wanted. Hard for me to pull off the "phantom" throw on the ps3 controller but able to test with the "pose".

Tested my ST-V, F3, and CPS2 and all good to go and ready for all my @Darksoft multis that I am patiently waiting for. Stocked to finally know that I have the bases ready.

Just need a few more things such as jamma adapters and reconfigure my arcade stick but a really happy camper thus far!!!

Last edited:
It was a great day when my first SF2 pcb booted up on my RGB monitor through my HAS supergun. Get ready for the good stuff!!!

Welcome. Definitely the right place. People are super friendly here and the knowledge is second to none.

Enjoy!

hey bra - howzit!

I just came in here to write my own introduction, and saw you. I live about half the year on Maui, so pretty close. Great to know there are more of us out here, and congrats on the job!

Q: do you happen to know what ever happened to Paradise Arcade? I heard they moved back to mainland ages ago, but haven't been over to check.

Aloha!

hey bra - howzit!

I just came in here to write my own introduction, and saw you. I live about half the year on Maui, so pretty close. Great to know there are more of us out here, and congrats on the job!

Q: do you happen to know what ever happened to Paradise Arcade? I heard they moved back to mainland ages ago, but haven't been over to check.

Aloha!
Aloha!!!

Correct, they are back on the mainland. I actually just bought a UD adapter and saw it came from off island. I am very new to the game and just connected with JNX who is on island. Waiting to score a supergun from him when he releases.

But yeah, good to see a fellow islander...sure we will run into more here. Im learning quite a bit here and just getting tangled inall the info but love it.

It was a great day when my first SF2 pcb booted up on my RGB monitor through my HAS supergun. Get ready for the good stuff!!!
Yes, yes, and yes! My SF2 board just arrived and am super stocked! Still got a bit more to go but that was my personal main piece.

To think, I spent soooo many quarters on that darn PCB...I could have bought my own, and I did.

Well, not the cabinet and all but too see SF2 on the motherboard...

Hey brah! I just came to post as well and saw you on here. I'm over but he Blaisdell in case you ever want to meet up. I also went the Everdrive route an now am adding some arcade boards (with multis hopefully soon) and need a HAS to make it all work!

Hit me up via PM if you want to chat! -Mo

Glad the supergun arrived safely and rather quickly too. How's it all working?

Aloha! Welcome to the best arcade forum on the Internet! This place has an amazing group of people that’ll answer any question possible. I’m a supergun guy myself, so feel free to reach out sometime. Here’s two different versions of my setup: one is using a PVM (newer) and one using a modern display (older).

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/everything-the-forum-has-made-possible.5216/

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/mk30-adcap-and-sega-hss-0130-setup.1888/

(I lived on the island in my past life as a squid. My place was on the 29th floor of one of the two towers in Pearl City. Damn I miss that view!)

Glad the supergun arrived safely and rather quickly too. How's it all working?
Yes, we have a hurricane, Hector, thats pretty close so I thought that would back things up but it sure did not.

It has been working perfectly! So far it handled everything I have thrown at it. For a Prototype, its very clean and complete and I wouldn't have known it was not your final version. Very satisfied with the Sentinel and thank you again!

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it's working well and being put to good use. :)

Aloha! Welcome to the best arcade forum on the Internet! This place has an amazing group of people that’ll answer any question possible. I’m a supergun guy myself, so feel free to reach out sometime. Here’s two different versions of my setup: one is using a PVM (newer) and one using a modern display (older).

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/everything-the-forum-has-made-possible.5216/

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/mk30-adcap-and-sega-hss-0130-setup.1888/

(I lived on the island in my past life as a squid. My place was on the 29th floor of one of the two towers in Pearl City. Damn I miss that view!)
Thank you, I will pick you up on that offer sometime. I have studied your setups quit extensively....very clean! That is exactly what my end goal is so I have taken notes away ago.

Its just crazy how all these pcbs accumulate so much space which create clutter if not maintained. Once I get my final hardware squared away, I shall begin my organizing journey.

Those twin towers really do have the best views on the west side. Im sure you took advantage during New Years and fourth of july since it was like a free fireworks show. Not sure when the last time you visited the islands but now there is a rail track that goes from Ewa towards town...they are building near Pearl Harbor currently.

What I do now is swap a console and an arcade board at the start of every season (Saturn stays put though). Not only does it keep the setup clean, but it ensures I’ll actually put some time into each piece of gear by limiting choice. I used to have a crazy switching system with 10+ things hooked up at the same time. It was a mess, a burglars delight, and gave me gaming ADD; I could never fully appreciate anything! This summer I’ve been enjoying my CPS2 thoroughly.

I would have loved to been able to take a rail to work. The drive home from base was an average of 45 minutes...to go like 3 miles down the road lol. I started bicycling but I had two bikes stolen in one month. They weren’t allowed in the tower elevator and I wasn’t about to carry it up to the 29th floor everyday. The free fireworks show was nice! I had a few friends that lived there too so we would just barbecue downstairs and then bring everything back up. No driving or crowds required!

Back