What's new

Geddon

Professional
Reaction score
Don’t know what I’m doing but I think I want to setup NetBoot Naomi so I ordered a bunch of crap on eBay, as I do. Here is what I bought. Do I need anything else? Are there any limitations to netbooting or can you play all the games this way? Thanks for help. I know, I need to do my research, but you guys just seem to know all this shit already.

Naomi 1 board
Capcom I/O
0 Key
NetBoot NetDimm
Multi region bios

I have a pc and a raspberry pi. Is that all the hardware I need? Other than a crossover cable?

Just remember with that Capcom IO you won't produce enough power to drive the entire DIMM setup (Capcom IO was never intended to power anything more than a single cart).
You'll also need a dedicated JVS PSU (in addition to the JAMMA PSU) or failing that, a modified Capcom IO that can provide more power.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you underpower a naomi board you may be able to see that the game is in the game rom menu and even the "for use in Japan only" or "now loading" screen may pop up but the screen will usually go black or stay black and just hang there due to a lack of power.

Yes, thats it. It will work perfectly. Just make sure to adjust the 5v and 3.3v to the correct voltage when you get it and you are all set

with the black and white wire on the power supply you wilk need to either connect that to your cabs sega harness or you can wire a regular cord directly to those points and plug it in and power it that way.

The 2 larger white connectors are quite short and wont give you much space when you connect it direct to the naomi. The smaller square end is for the I/O board and you will need another cord or adapter if you want to run the gd rom system.

If you can, it would be a good idea to get an extension adapter for it to give you more space

Ok, so if I use this power supply do I even need to connect the Capcom Power connector that goes to Naomi? Or can I just power the Naomi with it and the capcom board with the jamma power supply?

Yes, thats it. It will work perfectly. Just make sure to adjust the 5v and 3.3v to the correct voltage when you get it and you are all set

Iyfyou use the SUN supply you do not connect the power from the Capcom IO to the Naomi.

Cool. Can’t wait to get all this shit and play some games!

Did anyone here make a Naomi PSU extension cable for sale, recently? I cannot remember for the life of me. Need to optimize space in my cab, so now I need one. And the one on Ebay is like $70 after shipping...

Did anyone here make a Naomi PSU extension cable for sale, recently? I cannot remember for the life of me. Need to optimize space in my cab, so now I need one. And the one on Ebay is like $70 after shipping...
I literally went down to the hardware store and bought $10 worth of wire and took the 10 inch cord and extended it 6 feet.

If you go that route it may be the cheapest. A bit of some shrink wrap, solder, and wire and you can custom make it for much much less

Yeah I know I can definitely make it myself. I'd just rather not since I don't really have room for a workstation to solder, wire, etc etc. Last thing I need is solder residue, flux, wire clippings, etc randomly on the living space floor where my young dog can eat these things. But I may have to considering how insanely absurd it is to buy one off ebay.

It's weird they're not available because every Sega arcade games that uses JVS has them inside. I guess people just chuck them in to the trash instead of keeping them when they part out cabs?

Back