What's new

-Ace-

Professional
Reaction score
I have a Shinobi pcb that I aquired and am assuming has died. I am still awaiting the arrival of my adaptor. In the meantime I was planning on taking care of the battery, etc. I planned on replacing the NEC block with a Z80 and the Hitachi FD1094A with a 68000. Now in all the research I did, the top rom board(s) didn't look like mine. I can't find the information as to which chips need to be re-burned with what files? Can someone direct me to a site that may have the needed info, or help me figuring this out? image1.jpeg

Thanks Derick-I had found that site too. I would prefer to do it myself over a kit, because I think I have all items required. Just need that little bit of info. The eprom for the Z80 calls for replacing EPR-11372 at A7, but I don't have that on my rom board. The other file for the FD1094A say's it's files are for 16A only, I have a "B" correct? Also, again the files in that file are for locations on the board that I don't have -
EPR12008 (3D93) --> IC26
EPR12009 (E451) --> IC25
EPR12010 (9885) --> IC43
EPR12011 (C491) --> IC42

I don't have any eproms labeled this way on the board nor these IC locations.

I believe that you actually have E-Swat board, based on the CPU "317-0129" and A13 being "EPR12617". MAME will show you the other games you can play on it.

You can convert it to Golden Axe... not Shinobi though, sorry!

Shinobi runs on a few of the other rom board types, MAME has those part numbers, but they don't have the big custom IC's in the A row.

here are the files to resurrect that one, anyway, A1 and A2: http://www.jammarcade.net/files/SegaDecrypt/E-Swat (317-0129).zip

Last edited:
Well, the board in your image is a 16B (US) E-Swat afaik, is that your shinobi board??

The links where just for you to get some info.

But you can get the files needed from the preferred source:

http://www.jammarcade.net/decrypted-sega/

Also, for reference, all the board identifiers are listed :)

Hmm- maybe that's why I can't find the info I need. The bottom board has a Shinobi manufacture sticker on it, so I just assumed it was a Shinobi. Thanks for the all the info ekorz! Are these the only (2) roms needing to be re-burned for a resurection?

Got it in a bulk pcb buy, so it all worked out OK I think. I'm still on the right track with the removal of those (2) protection blocks correct?

I haven't worked with that particular motherboard or romboard, but yeah I'd guess you just pop in a z80 and a 68000, then burn those two files onto 27c020 / 27c2001's for A1 & A2, and don't forget the jamma edge converter.

That's a very confused boardset, the encrypted 68k is from E-Swat but a totally different version to that on your ROM board - the encrypted Z80 is indeed from Shinobi

The suicide system will be one or the other as an encrypted device rather than both - if this board boots as E-Swat you'll definitely have no sound even if both batteries are good

Download the right version decrypted ROMs for your version of E-Swat from JAMMArcade and burn them and it should hopefully work fine :)

if your lucky.
if your unlucky then some bitch has thrown a bunch of faulty bits together to sell.

if your unlucky then some bitch has thrown a bunch of faulty bits together to sell.
Sad to say it, but they could have cobbled together a board, but hopefully its not the case. Ace update us on your progress with this.

Please tell me that it was that scammer Bill Burger. He does crap like that all the time.

Back