Shinobi revival help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Shinobi revival help

I have a Shinobi pcb that I aquired and am assuming has died. I am still awaiting the arrival of my adaptor. In the meantime I was planning on taking care of the battery, etc. I planned on replacing the NEC block with a Z80 and the Hitachi FD1094A with a 68000. Now in all the research I did, the top rom board(s) didn't look like mine. I can't find the information as to which chips need to be re-burned with what files? Can someone direct me to a site that may have the needed info, or help me figuring this out?
    • Here you go, some info to help ya out :)

You can also get a kit from segaresurrection.com
      Cabs: Vewlix C x4, Groove Coaster 3, ID7, DinoKing, Swing, Capcom Cute
      Multis: CPS1│CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│NAOMI│MVS
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HASv3.1
      Displays: PVM 2950Q│Pioneer PDP-V402E│LG B6 65" Oled
      Scalers/Misc: OSSC│VP50Pro│Gscartsw │Hydra

Wanted Cabs: Egret 29, Egret II, AWSD
      Wanted Part: SFII Dynamo HS5 "Cut Corner" CP, Egret 29 Complete CP top (blue or red)
    • Thanks Derick-I had found that site too. I would prefer to do it myself over a kit, because I think I have all items required. Just need that little bit of info. The eprom for the Z80 calls for replacing EPR-11372 at A7, but I don't have that on my rom board. The other file for the FD1094A say's it's files are for 16A only, I have a "B" correct? Also, again the files in that file are for locations on the board that I don't have -
      EPR12008 (3D93) --> IC26
      EPR12009 (E451) --> IC25
      EPR12010 (9885) --> IC43
      EPR12011 (C491) --> IC42

I don't have any eproms labeled this way on the board nor these IC locations.
    • I believe that you actually have E-Swat board, based on the CPU "317-0129" and A13 being "EPR12617". MAME will show you the other games you can play on it.

You can convert it to Golden Axe... not Shinobi though, sorry!

Shinobi runs on a few of the other rom board types, MAME has those part numbers, but they don't have the big custom IC's in the A row.

here are the files to resurrect that one, anyway, A1 and A2: jammarcade.net/files/SegaDecrypt/E-Swat%20(317-0129).zip
      have multi: cps2 cps3 ttx2 naomi(netboot) st-v gnet f3 mvs sega c2
      want multi: cps1 pgm 246/256 sys16/18/32 m92 atomiswave naomi(cart) seattle supernova na-1/2 jms32
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): blast city refurb

The post was edited 2 times, last by ekorz ().

• Well, the board in your image is a 16B (US) E-Swat afaik, is that your shinobi board??

The links where just for you to get some info.

But you can get the files needed from the preferred source:

jammarcade.net/decrypted-sega/

Also, for reference, all the board identifiers are listed :)

Wanted Part: SFII Dynamo HS5 "Cut Corner" CP, Egret 29 Complete CP top (blue or red)
    • -Ace- wrote:

Derick2k wrote:

Well, the board in your image is a 16B (US) E-Swat afaik, is that your shinobi board??
      I thought it was (Shinobi), that's what I purchased. . . .
      Still a good buy, hopefully you got it for a good price. Resurrect it and test it out :)

• I haven't worked with that particular motherboard or romboard, but yeah I'd guess you just pop in a z80 and a 68000, then burn those two files onto 27c020 / 27c2001's for A1 & A2, and don't forget the jamma edge converter.
      have multi: cps2 cps3 ttx2 naomi(netboot) st-v gnet f3 mvs sega c2
      want multi: cps1 pgm 246/256 sys16/18/32 m92 atomiswave naomi(cart) seattle supernova na-1/2 jms32
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): blast city refurb
    • That's a very confused boardset, the encrypted 68k is from E-Swat but a totally different version to that on your ROM board - the encrypted Z80 is indeed from Shinobi

The suicide system will be one or the other as an encrypted device rather than both - if this board boots as E-Swat you'll definitely have no sound even if both batteries are good

Download the right version decrypted ROMs for your version of E-Swat from JAMMArcade and burn them and it should hopefully work fine :)
      Namco Cyber Lead and Sega Astro City owner
      My VAPS Profile
    • stj wrote:

if your unlucky then some bitch has thrown a bunch of faulty bits together to sell.
      Sad to say it, but they could have cobbled together a board, but hopefully its not the case. Ace update us on your progress with this.