What's new

hyrulebr

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi

I plan to purchase a CPS2 kit soon and I already buying the CPS2 board (a+b) locally.

I have to say that I'm a newbie, so sorry for some possible mistakes! :D

I have these option from one seller:

1) Marvel Vs Capcom - orange A+B board (South America)
Working condition!
Without suicide battery. The seller didn't explain what he did but told me he didn't use "phoenix" procedures. He only said that reprogrammed it to use without battery...
Motherboard revision 6
PAL G
Already with the jumper settings used for Darksoft kit

2) Street Fighter Zero 2 - yellow a+b board (rental)
Working condition!
With original suicide battery. But still working.
Motherboard revision 7
PAL F
Have to change jumper settings for use with Darksoft kit

3) Xmen Vs Street - green a+b (japan)
Working condition!
With original suicide battery. But still working.
Motherboard revision 7
PAL D

4) Marvel Super Heroes - green a+b (japan)
Working condition!
Without suicide battery. The seller didn't explain what he did but told me he didn't use "phoenix" procedures. He only said that reprogrammed it to use without battery...

Motherboard revision 4
PAL F

I think the 1) Marvel vs Capcom will be a good option to me since I will not have too much work to do on it. Do you guys agree? Is there anything bad with a revision 6 motherboard?

Option 1 looks good to me if its all in working condition. It should be relatively easy to install the multi.

I recommend reading the instructions through a couple of times

http://www.saveyourgames.it/file/Instructions_CPS2_Multi_Boot_v3.1.pdf

and watching the videos by @Mitsurugi-w on Youtube to check the jumper settings etc on the board are all correct.

If you are familiar with what needs to be done before attempting it, it makes it a lot easier.

Shouldn’t matter in the end which one you choose, just get whichever had the best price and looks best aesthetically.

1 thing you might need to keep in mind though;
In case your A or B board craps out at some point, it might be easier to source a replacement green/JAP or blue/Euro board than a orange/SA board

I will buy the number 1 - Marvel Vs Capcom (orange) because I will have less work to do , it's in a good condition and I'm from Brazil and have here plenty of orange boards to replace in future. :)

Thanks for all comments. :thumbsup:

Back