What's new

Geddon

Professional
Reaction score
For those who have a cab and swap in jamma boards and cps2/Naomi other stuff with rca stereo output, what do you do for audio to make it easy? I’m assuming what I want is

Some sort of speaker to line level converter to take audio off the jamma edge. I guess get it to rca. I’ve seen two ways of wiring this. Using speaker+ And speaker- and using speaker+ and ground and not using the speaker-? This is confusing. I guess some sort of box that makes it simple and just gives speaker in and rca out would be ideal.

Then take that to a little speaker amp with rca inputs and stereo output. So I can just use a rca splitter to get jamma audio or plug in stereo from cps2/Naomi whatever bypassing the speaker to line level converter.

Then simple wire from the speaker amp to stereo cab speakers.

Maybe a rca switchbox to switch from jamma audio to whatever else and make that and the amp easily accessible to control bass, treble, volume levels.

Basically I want a solution that will work for everything and be easily adjustable and I’m wondering what you all do.

In my NNC I use a small line level convertor, speaker in, RCA out.

I can connect it in 2 ways depending on which PCB I connect;

1. For boards with stereo headers (mvs, Konami etc.) I connect the line level convertor directly to the 4 pin headers on the PCB via a JST NH connector
2. For Jamma mono boards I have wired my Jamma loom to a JST male connector which I can plug in the line level convertor. I have wired speaker+ to both L+ and R+ and speaker- to both L- and R- so I get dual mono from the line level convertor on the RCA connectors.

Ok sounds pretty similar. I don’t have any Konami boards and I just have mvs 1-c which I’m planning to add rca jacks to. So I think my plan is get everything to stereo rca that isn’t jamma mono to make it easy.

Lots of stuff with amplified stereo output headers you need to get to line level:
- most Konami boards
- MVS 1 slots (e.g. 1FS)
- Atomiswave
- CPS1 (still need to test this one)
- Sega STV

So depending on which boards you own, it might be easier to use 1 line level converter instead of modding every board to line level RCA

Back