What's new

Geddon

Professional
Reaction score
I recently bought a Naomi 1 and 2. Both listed as working. Today I finally got enough components to test them. First I connected the 1. Works fine. I’m using the sun psu and the capcom I/O running to my supergun out to some pvms. Ok so then I hook up the Naomi 2 the same exact way. Flipping dip 1 up, just like the Naomi 1 to get 15hz. The Naomi 2 turns on but I get nothing. No start up sound, no video. I tried with a cart and without. (MVC2). I can’t think of anything else to check. Does anyone have some suggestions how you would troubleshoot from here? I tried the usual things like reseating all the connections. I also went back to Naomi 1 and it worked just fine. I just can’t get the 2 to do anything. I know it’s on because the fan is loud as shit and the optical port lights up and whatnot. I also tried 31hz to a lcd monitor, no luck.

Reseat the filter board. It is the board that the VGA cable plugs into. You'll have to take it apart but that is easy. See if that helps.

I’ll give it a shot. Maybe the package got tossed around in shipping. This reminds me of how I’m starting to hate Neo boards setup this way with the connector board at a 90 degree angle seated into the main board.

while it's open, look at the super-capacitor near the battery holder for signs of leaking or corrosion and make sure the bios is in the socket the right way around etc.
then power it with the case open and make sure both small fans spin.

i have a few N2's - all had bad chipset fans and one had a leaked cap too.

Back