What's new

duffcon

Professional
Reaction score
Hi,

My Name is Patrick and I go by the handle "duffcon" which is a combination of my old cat "Duffy" and "Concord" the city from which I hail. I grew up in the 80s and 90s so I started with Atari and still game daily. I joined the #PCMASTERRACE from the earliest days, even before dedicated video cards. I was upgrading GPUs since Quake the first and still game on a PC rig.

Arcades were wonderful to me as a kid, I always regarded them as the "movie theatre" of video games. You'd see the games in the arcade and hoped the home translation was the half as good. NARC, DD/TMNT/FF, SF2, MK, TEKKEN, Virtua Fighter were a few of my faves.

I have mostly owned every US console release since the Atari 2600 (yes including 3DO, TG16, & SMS to name a few odd ones). These days I run a light setup, only my PC and a couple of arcades.

I worked in a Namco arcade in the late 90s and got a lot of experience working on cabs, so i'm comfortable working on them. I recently completed (do we every really finish) my restore on my 2nd Gen Big Blue and refreshed my MVS conversion.

In the future i'm going to finish my CPS2 Multi and hopefully get my hands on a 1st Gen big blue or a MK cab.

Last edited:
Don't feed that appetite for more big blues. You had a taste, don't become like me and acblunden.

Back