What's new

TheBortot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like using a Jrok Sync Cleaner to fix problems like that:

https://gatorcade.com/product/sync-cleaner/

Although I didn't think CPS3 had a weird enough rate to need it. There is also a trick where you can sometimes fool it. Load it up with a board that works like CPS2, start your software recording, then just keep it recording while you power that off and replace it with a CPS3 game, power that up and see if it's recording correctly.

CPS3's sync is just sub 60.0hz (59.56) so the majority of devices will lock it (you are likely just unlucky with that capture card in this case).

Midway stuff (like MK2) you can just forget it right now!
I've had CRT tubes refuse to lock the sync (Sony Trinitrons/Wegas) from Midway... And you think you'll nail it with a Component converter and a usb capture device? *shakes head*

If you wana capture Midway you'll need a OSSC and a iScan VP30 chained together, feeding a high quality PCI HDMI capture card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, do u know how in cooperation cup they capture the cps3? And that cleaner will do something like putting image to 60hz? So even mk2 would work?

The simplest way to capture CPS3 is by taking the RGBs (red, green, blue, sync) knocking it down to SCART levels, then using a xRGB mini and capturing the resulting HDMI.
This was how most of the early classic Youtubers were doing it, altho now I think people are moving on to OSSC because of its higher quality.

I'm not 100% sure, I've never actually gone about capturing game footage.
What I know about it, is what it shares with LCDs and scalers, which is basically everything.

Back