What's new
Rewrite - are you saying you can reset the games in RED above without using the test button work around? If so; there must be something with the bios or firmware of the net dimm board that affects each games ability to reset with the net boot.

Interesting - lets keep the discussion going and we may get the bottom of it.
Of the red games I've only played Illvelo and Border Down. I can definitely reset with Illvelo without test button. Border Down I cannot.

Last edited:
Azumanga Daioh Puzzle Bobble - Cannot reset. Test button reset trick is working
Border Down - Cannot reset. Test button reset trick is working
Chaos Field - Cannot reset. Test button reset trick is working
Ikaruga - Cannot reset. Test button reset trick is working
Illvelo - No problems
Radirgy Noa - Cannot reset. Test button reset trick is working
Senko No Ronde - 2005 - Cannot reset. Test button reset trick is working
Senko No Ronde New Version - 2005 - Cannot reset. Test button reset trick is working
Senko No Ronde SP -2006 - Cannot reset. Test button reset trick is working
Spawn - Cannot reset. Test button reset trick is working
Under Defeat - Cannot reset. Test button reset trick is working

Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper does NOT work on my system. - Error 02 - THIS GAME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD. Guess whatever's in there is not a JP BIOS.

So far the only difference is I can reset with Illvelo and not Spawn.
Also Radirgy Noa *will* reset for me via test button.

Last edited:
Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper does NOT work on my system. - Error 02 - THIS GAME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD. Guess whatever's in there is not a JP BIOS.
Does not work if netbooted if I remember correctly. Only works from a CF card.

Does not work if netbooted if I remember correctly. Only works from a CF card.
Ah, good to know. Then my BIOS remains a mystery to us all :D.

Positively, your BIOS is NOT Japanese.

It's probably Eprom version dependant..
Yep, working only with Japanese versions.

Apart of this, i was thinking at another method to reset the console in AW games case.
RaspberryPi can send a signal to the mainboard in order to reset it. I mean, directly wired to mainboard.
I`m working on this now.Let`s see if i can find the correct reset pin.
Do you have any info about this?

you need to find the reset chip. There are many many types. Most common on Arcade PCBs is Fujitsu MB3771 but that chip is quite old, rather look for current equivalent. PST592 is used on many newer arcade games.
http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/MITSUMI/PST592.html
https://www.spansion.com/fjdocuments/fj/DATASHEET/e-ds/e427400.pdf

In order to make the game reset, you should connect pin 8 of the MB3771 to GND for a few miliseconds and that should be it. If proper analysis is done, I'm pretty sure that you can find that reset pin going to other places and probably one of them is on the filter board :)

In order to make the game reset, you should connect pin 8 of the MB3771
Yeah, it`s like the old ones.
Only difference, it`s MB3773 - version with a watch-dog timer. It`s a 5 minutes job to hook it to Raspberry.
Now i have have to turn dark side =O and try to run a script in RaspberryPi in order to send the reset signal with AW games.

To be honest, i was thinking at this method as better option than executing reset through Netdimm, i always liked the hardware side.

I found an old Naomi1 board in my stuff (it`s amazing what old people can store) and i will use it as a testing field. I do not want to destroy the good one, this will make me very nervous.
Well, first it should boot it up. I`ll order the Supercap first and test the signals. Hopefully it will work.

Does anybody wants to step forward for RaspberryPi script :?:

I wish I had any knowledge of the RaspberryPi script as I would love to help, but have no experience at all.
It is really exciting to hear you are tackling the issue and looking at a resolution to the AW games (and some Naomi games).
If I can help in some way; would definitely do so. Good luck - looking forward to hearing your results! This would be a great improvement for those of us net booting with Raspberry Pis - keep at it please.

In order to make the game reset, you should connect pin 8 of the MB3771
Yeah, it`s like the old ones.Only difference, it`s MB3773 - version with a watch-dog timer. It`s a 5 minutes job to hook it to Raspberry.
Now i have have to turn dark side =O and try to run a script in RaspberryPi in order to send the reset signal with AW games.

To be honest, i was thinking at this method as better option than executing reset through Netdimm, i always liked the hardware side.

I found an old Naomi1 board in my stuff (it`s amazing what old people can store) and i will use it as a testing field. I do not want to destroy the good one, this will make me very nervous.
Well, first it should boot it up. I`ll order the Supercap first and test the signals. Hopefully it will work.

Does anybody wants to step forward for RaspberryPi script :?:
Post a picture of it please. Did you track it to where it goes?

I wish I had any knowledge of the RaspberryPi script as I would love to help, but have no experience at all.
It is really exciting to hear you are tackling the issue and looking at a resolution to the AW games (and some Naomi games).
If I can help in some way; would definitely do so. Good luck - looking forward to hearing your results! This would be a great improvement for those of us net booting with Raspberry Pis - keep at it please.
I'd be very happy to see someone posting a tutorial about how to make your own raspberri Pi from scratch.

I'd be very happy to see someone posting a tutorial about how to make your own raspberri Pi from scratch.
got this somewhere.
Tonight I'll look at raspberry script to debug reset issue if possible

Attachments

• _MG_1642.JPG
    _MG_1642.JPG
    973.2 KB · Views: 163
this is a master reset so it's probably going to some more places other than that lvc08a.

Just want to point out that I've got SFZ3U working on my netboot Naomi using an Export BIOS (with the latest official netboot firmware, 4.11 I think?), but I had to use one of Deunan Knute's patch tools on the ROM to make it work, which converted it to Alpha 3 Saikyo Dojo with US character names. Doing this causes some relatively minor text issues such as causing the intro spiel for each character and the ending text to not appear, but other than that it plays fine and it boots consistently.

Just want to point out that I've got SFZ3U working on my netboot Naomi using an Export BIOS (with the latest official netboot firmware, 4.11 I think?), but I had to use one of Deunan Knute's patch tools on the ROM to make it work, which converted it to Alpha 3 Saikyo Dojo with US character names. Doing this causes some relatively minor text issues such as causing the intro spiel for each character and the ending text to not appear, but other than that it plays fine and it boots consistently.
Can you post both versions that you use, so others can also test it and eventually play it?

Can you post both versions that you use, so others can also test it and eventually play it?
on offset 428
replace 0102
by
FF00
then you got region free works in US bios as well

Back