What's new
I'd be very happy to see someone posting a tutorial about how to make your own raspberri Pi from scratch.
Old thread I know but I just cam across this. Do you mean a Net-Boot Pi setup? If that's what you mean I could write a how-to guide if you want. I've built a few of them now.

Changes to Pi-Force Tools script to perform a rest should be easy too, it's just python.

I'd be very happy to see someone posting a tutorial about how to make your own raspberri Pi from scratch.
Old thread I know but I just cam across this. Do you mean a Net-Boot Pi setup? If that's what you mean I could write a how-to guide if you want. I've built a few of them now.
Changes to Pi-Force Tools script to perform a rest should be easy too, it's just python.
Would be nice, can you make guide for both?

I will be making a few more reset harnesses, I still get requests for them. I also need to post on install guide for the reset harness. I need more hours in the day, 24 is not enough, lol.

Old thread I know but I just cam across this. Do you mean a Net-Boot Pi setup? If that's what you mean I could write a how-to guide if you want. I've built a few of them now.Changes to Pi-Force Tools script to perform a rest should be easy too, it's just python.
Would be nice, can you make guide for both?
I will be making a few more reset harnesses, I still get requests for them. I also need to post on install guide for the reset harness. I need more hours in the day, 24 is not enough, lol.
hey derrick, what relay did you end up using?

Last edited:
hey derrick, what relay did you end up using?
Any generic 5VDC relay will do for the Pi/Arduino, I got them off ebay. make sure they have the Hi/Lo Level Trigger jumper.

Like these:

51NnO29mj8L.jpg

They are small enough that you can internally mount them under the motherboard pcb inside the naomis.

Last edited:
i test it with a ESP8266 that i have build in the naomi and has a little AP software on it open wlan the pi ist connected to this tiny little thing and now before you boot its make evertime a resett

I do not use this method of reset but directly connected to mainboard, if somebody`s interested, can ask.
So... before this thread hit the fan... did anyone get details on motherboard tap points beyond the tach wire?

Another question... Has anyone tried to use the Web Boot images (@'devtty0', @chunksin) in conjunction with a relay module for resetting?

I finally got mine wired in and nothing. Looking a the code... I'm worried that it is not the correct implementation in this case.

Anyone else in the same boat?

What sort of signal runs over the tach wire? I have a bunch of 4066 IC's kicking around which I could use for a solid state solution if it's low power enough.

Edit: nvm just checked the datasheet for the IC, I can't imagine it's more than +15V or +/-7.5V. Should work fine.

Last edited:
Solution for PiForce Web based reset issue.

Thanks to @Derick2k for a working solution for anyone with the @chunksin NAOMI netboot web interface.

Replace the webforce.py file stored under /sbin/piforce/ with the attached version.
View attachment webforce.zip
This modifies the reboot process so that all games, including GD-ROM to cart conv. and Atomiswave, reboot via hardware reset.

I have not tested this with all the Web Interface versions, but do know it won't work as is with the @devtty0 version (v1.2).
I also know that various members are working on revised Interface solutions that will likely take things further, but stated, this is a workable solution at present.

This is great. Just starting to build another netboot setup for the arcade (should not have sold my 1st one)

Back